• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

God, I hate ice!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are now under a freezing rain warning for tomorrow. While it will put a crust on the snow, the roads are solid snowpack most places now. We got up to 31 briefly today so the salt worked on the paved roads but the wind keeps blowing it back out on the roads. I have plowed my lane back 3 times today. Log truck just left and he said it was drifting bad again.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No ice here but we have 12 to 14 inches of snow expected tonight.

Put the snow blower on the back of the tractor this afternoon to get ready for it.

But I can't figure out why it is so damn cold outside. I've been outside spraying aerosol cans into the air to open up the ozone hole so we get some of that global warming they keep jabbering about on MSNBC.

Good luck with your ice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 125

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Updated forecast for the midwest.

1486793_10201939353984257_1731992847_n.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Currently, but with another 8+ inches forecast...its beginning to look a lot like Christmas :clap:

Oh, and I just shoveled that patio a while ago!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 111

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We woke up to ice on the windows of the ranch house this morning ........ON THE INSIDE ! Guess it got a little cold here last night .

Its so cold I can't even get the fire in the wood stove to put out heat . :yum:
Its just a pretty light show of flames ....:biggrin:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not super cold yet, temps in the 20's now.

Still snowing. . . 8+ inches more expected.

image_zps4d2c73ad.jpg

image_zps086a86db.jpg

image_zps108cbefb.jpg

image_zpsb0db7dbd.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Currently, but with another 8+ inches forecast...its beginning to look a lot like Christmas :clap:

Oh, and I just shoveled that patio a while ago!
What is a shovel? I had to turn the snow melt in my patio all the way up in these crazy cold temps. It was only melting the design of the tubing till I did. Skid steer took care of the rest. Got another load of logs yesterday but it will be a while till it is fit to cut them.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We warmed up overnight but will start dropping this morning as the front pushes through. Wind is blasting with gusts over 40 mph. The rain washed a lot of the lane bare from what I see with the spotlight but it will end up with a clear coat of ice according to all the warnings they are running. Snow is about 40 miles west of us and will get here late morning .

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Rained for a long time here yesterday and the cold held to the North of us. We got 1" of fresh snow overnight, and the radar looks like we've avoided most of the ugliness. Its 21 now dropping throughout the day to -9 (-42 wind chill) tonight then +8 (-17 wind chill) for Tuesday. Then it's back to +23 and normal temps. We escaped this one for sure.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We warmed up overnight but will start dropping this morning as the front pushes through. Wind is blasting with gusts over 40 mph. The rain washed a lot of the lane bare from what I see with the spotlight but it will end up with a clear coat of ice according to all the warnings they are running. Snow is about 40 miles west of us and will get here late morning .

Snow over ice,,, always a pleasure.:whistling:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Muley,

I just looked at the WNY forecast. Upwards of 3 feet of snow expected in Wyoming, Cattaragus, Chautaqua and Southern Erie counties. Is that amount going to make it inland enough to hit you?