• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Its a balmy -25 below !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Here in the sun capitol of Elk City this morning !!!! Talk about frozen . My Ford is plugged into the heater and still will not start .
Ice is forming around the edges of the doors . We have 2 heaters and the Wood stove going full blast and its barely 72 degrees in the house . Thank God ,I took the time to wrap and heat tape every water line I have , when I rebuilt this old place .
Looks like it will be this way for a week !:fr2::bitterCol

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brrrr.

We're still ahead of that storm front so it's a rainy 65 degrees here today. Will be in the teens by the weekend. :( Oh well, it is December.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
When I Left the hospital yesterday aft. it was 78Deg. this afternoon it was 27deg....things are a changing!!!! we are slated to have snow by morning....Yes it is winter and this is what I expect!!!!!!!! Was to bring Mom home tomorrow but will see what morning brings....she may get an extra day or two if it gets to bad......Im thinking that out in the snow is Not a place for an old woman with new knees neds to be!!!!!!!
Hell AL......ya could have stayed in Panyma till late spring!!!!!!!!!! Bet it is WARM down there!!!!!!:biggrin: sit tight and cuddle up with the little lady and be thankful for her love!!!!!!!!:shifty: Here ...give her some flowers!!!!:flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Balmy -31celsius here this morning. Black ice everywhere on my way to work. Big pileup blocking all 4 lanes of the expressway. Had to detour down a two lane road along with everyone else. Once I got back out on the expressway things were a little crazy. I was approaching the next set of lights and slowing down when I lightly tapped my breaks since the light was yellow. The wheels locked up and vehicle went shooting to the other lane towards another car that was stopped. I quickly let off the breaks and straightened her out sailing through the intersection that had now turned red.

A couple miles later, I came across another accident. A truck had done a complete 360, sailed across 3 lanes and ended up in the ditch.

That was enough excitement for one day.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That does sound like a mess.

Mrs. Zoom left for work this morning in her Accord. Couldn't even get out the driveway. Came back and grabbed the Audi Quattro. That car is awesome in the snow/ice.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I was talking with Big Al last night he was telling me "it was so cold the gangsters were pulling up their pants."

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I was talking with Big Al last night he was telling me "it was so cold the gangsters were pulling up their pants."

See......no mater how bad it gets...there is a blessing to be found!!!!!!!:yum:

Chear up Al....it can only get better!!!!!:yum:

Leni

Cold (for here that is) with a Santa Anna blowing. Yesterday we had gusts up to 70 MPH. Today it is supposed to get into the mid 60's. The winds are still blowing. I want to go work in my veggie garden but no chance with the wind blowing with gusts up to 50 60 MPH. I'm right in the line of fire for the wind. Talked to a friend in La Vern yesterday. No wind at all. :bitterCol