• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Boots?

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
How long does a pair of work boots last you? I just bought my third pair of boots for this year. I usually get about 4-5 months out of a pair, wearing them all day every day. I get mid priced boots, about $80 pair, because I found that the expensive ones really don't last longer.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dave,
Back when I was in the field working as an inspector, and prior to that as an electrician, I usually got new boots once a year. With the city. they'll buy the guys/gals a new pair every 12 months.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I "worked" for a living, I only wore boots at work (Wolverine) - 1 pair a year

Biker days (engineer boots, slept in them) - 3-4 pair a year

Today - Same pair (Wolverine) of work boots still going strong in the 3rd year

I wear 3 different kind (Rocky, Tom McCann and cheapo hikers) working around the house dependent on conditions, all over 1 year old.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
As a machinist, I averaged 1 pair of Redwing's steel toes per year. I'm an engineer now, so we'll see how long the new "dress shoe" style Florscheim safety (fiberglass) toes last.

M/C boots are about every other year, also Redwings.

Redwings were very comfortable to me, which made them worth the $150 premium. The new employer will spring $120 per year on shoes, so we'll see.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
RedWings for me too. Caterpillars at home. And Timberland the rest of the time.:tiphat: :beer:

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
I've had redwings for years & usually got about 2 years outta a pair. Bought the same ones I've always gotten & the last pair fell apart after only 6 months. At about $120 a pair I wasn't too impressed. I then went to wolverines( bought 2 pair 2 years ago at sears on special) @ about $80 per pair & got 1 1/2 years out of them. I had just started on my 2nd pair of wolverines when our local rural king store got some excess shoes in from another store. I bought a discontinued style of steel toe wolverines at the closeout markdown price of $20 per pair. My son was with me (he's 9) & he thought I was nuts...........I bought every pair they had in my size !! (A total of 11 pairs) for $220 A life time of work boots for less than 2 pair at redwing prices !! Sure hope my feet don't change any !! My basement closet looks like a shoe store. :D

BadAttitude

Only last me 6 months if I'm lucky due to concrete floor and grease/oil/kitty litter. The sole is what wears out...paper thin before I toss them.

Mrs BA buys them for me...around $50 or so. The big $$$ ones don't last any longer.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thom McCann work shoes for me. I wear braces for my feet that go under my foot and half way up my leg, so "boots" wont get it. I usually get a year out of them.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm, I get several years out of a pair of boots/shoes but I don't wear the same pair all the time.
I rotate 5-8 pair of shoes/boots depending on what I'm doing for the day.
Very wet or oily conditions - Timberland work boots
Cold - Winter boots - Timberland or Sorel if 0-32, Baffin (rated to -140) if below zero.
Work shoes for general work or roofing.
Kangaroo hiking boots for light duty things but where I need something taller than shoes (like weedeating).
Docksiders in the summer.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I know this isn't the most interesting subject, but the pair of Wolverine boots I bought last year when I posting this thread are still going strong. There is aparently quite a difference between $60 boots and $100 boots. :thumb: