• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The FBI really got a bloody nose

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Due to the school shooting. I hope lots of heads roll as a result of this from the bottom to the top. And I firmly believe the ball got dropped by middle management and quite possibly at the top.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Due to the school shooting. I hope lots of heads roll as a result of this from the bottom to the top. And I firmly believe the ball got dropped by middle management and quite possibly at the top.
Mike

I heard today that the Gov of FL has asked that the FBI Director resign. Seems there were lots of warning signs given about this shooter that went unheeded.

A needless tragedy.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The FBI is too busy trying to reverse the 2016 elections to worry about some nut case going about loosely with a gun

rugerman

This young man was a known loose cannon, he had been in trouble for various things and he was on social media making threats and nothing was done. From what I understand nothing is usually done until a person committed a crime or carried out their threats. This country needs to address our poor mental health situation which may help prevent this type of incident in the future. Also security is sorely lacking at every school that my kids attended and even after several shootings in this country it has not improved much if any, this too needs to be addressed.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wasn’t just the FBI that ignored warning signs. :hammer:

Deputies Called to Florida Spree Killer’s House 39 times Over 7 Years; Cruz Posted “I Can Do So Much Better” Than Previous Mass Shooter
BY ROBERT FARAGO |FEB 16, 2018 |

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...do-so-much-better-than-previous-mass-shooter/

As we said, mass murderer Nikolas Cruz was a known threat. According to nypost.com, Broward County Florida deputies were called out to Cruz’s residence 39 times over a period of seven years. “The nature of the emergencies at his Parkland home included ‘mentally ill person,’ ‘child/elderly abuse,’ ‘domestic disturbance’ and ‘missing person.'” In casethat’s not clear enough . . .

A schoolmate, Brody Speno, told the CNN that cops were called to Cruz’s home “almost every other week.”

“Something wasn’t right about him. He was off.”

Speno said he knew Cruz from elementary school and described him as “an evil kid” who was “always getting in trouble.”

Cruz — who posted images of himself on Instagram posing with gunsand knives — has confessed to killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland and made an alarming online comment about a recent mass shooting.

“Man I can do so much better,” he wrote.

Man the authorities — Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School administrators, the local police and the FBI (to name three) — should have done so much better.

Seventeen innocent people might still be alive today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This young man was a known loose cannon, he had been in trouble for various things and he was on social media making threats and nothing was done. From what I understand nothing is usually done until a person committed a crime or carried out their threats. This country needs to address our poor mental health situation which may help prevent this type of incident in the future. Also security is sorely lacking at every school that my kids attended and even after several shootings in this country it has not improved much if any, this too needs to be addressed.

I disagree. Being poor has little to do with "MASS KILLINGS. But probably much less than "MENTAL HEALTH" issues. No matter how prosperous the nation there will always be those who are relatively "poor."

As for mental health, that is a given in any human community. The resources to deal with it, in terms of funding and practitioners, is ample.

Blaming mental illness for mass killing might be an acceptable copout for the media. After all it is generally believed that anyone who would kill another is sick in the head. But blaming our society for not trying, for not spending enough money, is a lazy diffusion.

Sane people do evil things. To place every such crime on mental illness is to insult the efforts of the psychologists and mental health workers. Not to mention those people who struggle with real mental illness everyday.

We can not lockup everyone who has mental problems. And we cannot watch every person who "might" be a threat. We cannot remove their freedoms because they once dealt with mental issues. What we can do is take the stigma off of those who recommend real solutions to "CRIME."

One of which is to stop prosecuting the police and authorities who could have protected the victims better. And, we could stop protecting known perpetrators including child molesters by calling such deviations from acceptable behavior, MENTAL ILLNESS.

My biggest question in the case of this mass killing is why does the perpetrator still breath? And why will he be allowed to draw breath for many years to come?

He planned this for months and in great detail. We won't learn anything useful by interrogations and analyses is for years. His actions were purposeful pure evil.

What happened to a quick and speedy trial as called for in our Constitution? Dragging it out won't prevent the next madman perpetrator from doing such evil again.

The victims and their families deserve better. As does the nation.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well said, Franc!! Liberals and some conservatives will condemn me for saying this but I wish ALL states would pass a law so that when a person does a mass killing regardless of the weapon used, they get a swift and speedy trial with a guilty conviction. No temp or permanent insanity plea and no appeal with an even swifter and speedier execution. IMO this would maybe discourage the ones teetering on the edge.
JMHO,
Mike

rugerman

Frank I didn’t say that he did it because he was poor, I was talking about the poor (bad)state of the mental system in the United States. As a pharmacist I saw numerous folks who were walking around and taking numerous anti-psychotic medications, along with tranquilizers and in a lot of cases pain meds and they were still right on the edge of exploding in a rage. There were lots of families who had a child (not necessarily a young child) that they cared for at home because there was no place to put them and some were not in good health themselves and were terrified as to what would happen to their loved one if they couldn’t care for them.
I was not saying that he didn’t do it or that he shouldn’t pay for his crimes, hell if it were me people who kill other folks that were just in the wrong place or who were just killed for meanness would get tried and executed right away, no appeals espically if they confessed.
Guns are not the problem, I have a bunch of guns at home and none of them have attacked a single person. The problem is the evil people who do not or can not care what their actions do to the families of those that they hurt or kill.
Hope that explains my previous statements.

S-noWonder

So many young people are being tranquilized with legal medicines so they never learn how to deal with their emotions, and especially disappointment. They are on psych drugs and many parents have given them pot prescriptions just so they don't have to parent them. This leads to young people never leaving home. Never figuring out how to excel in the work place, and certainly not being about to handle simple human relationships.

In regards to this latest shooter, he started with little animals, to me this isn't a sane person. His mom passed away and my guess is he was unable to reconcile with the extreme pain that causes. So instead of using tools most of us have to handle severe stress, he acted out in a most horrific way. The warning signs were there, but at what point do you act?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Frank I didn’t say that he did it because he was poor, I was talking about the poor (bad)state of the mental system in the United States. As a pharmacist I saw numerous folks who were walking around and taking numerous anti-psychotic medications, along with tranquilizers and in a lot of cases pain meds and they were still right on the edge of exploding in a rage. There were lots of families who had a child (not necessarily a young child) that they cared for at home because there was no place to put them and some were not in good health themselves and were terrified as to what would happen to their loved one if they couldn’t care for them.
I was not saying that he didn’t do it or that he shouldn’t pay for his crimes, hell if it were me people who kill other folks that were just in the wrong place or who were just killed for meanness would get tried and executed right away, no appeals espically if they confessed.
Guns are not the problem, I have a bunch of guns at home and none of them have attacked a single person. The problem is the evil people who do not or can not care what their actions do to the families of those that they hurt or kill.
Hope that explains my previous statements.

Let me sum it up for you my friend. Under diagnosed and over medicated.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Mike

I hope so too. We The People are paying over two million federal government workers to do as they dam-well please. A private audit of the FBI and every other agency will probably START with laying off 75% of them.

Then what? Well, get good people in there and allow We The People to carry guns any time and any place we want. If a dirtbag knows people will shoot back, there is a very good chance he's not going to start firing.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Unless a mass shooter wants suicide by cop they will always head for a gun free zone. They may be crazy but not stupid.
Mike

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Look, I seriously doubt there is any foolproof system to"Prevent" mass killings such as this recent one or the one in Las Vegas. But there should be better defense systems.

A border wall won't prevent illegals from entering the USA but the inability to access jobs would slow it down to a trickle. More effective and less costly. Same with protecting our schools.

But there is more we can do that doesn't require the 2nd be repealed and they confiscate our guns. We need to change the rhetoric about responsible gun ownership, possession, and use. One way would be a better understanding of "Good Shepard's."

We have "Good Samaritan " laws which protect from liability a layman's action's when providing assistance to the injured and ill But pull your weapon and use it to save or protect someone from harm and that's another story. Imagine if you were to come upon a school shooting and engage the perpetrator. Chances are, assuming the police didn't shoot you, that much of the rest of your life would be spent with a lawyer keeping you out of jail or defending you in civil lawsuits.

But imagine what could be the environment for a perpetrator knowing the possibility is significant, that they would face lethal resistance from a teacher, a coach, a Principle or and average Joe bystander doing what used to be considered a civic duty.

Not that many years ago when a school or church was threatened, responsible citizens went out to the cars, their homes, and brought back a weapon to face the threat. When did we relinquish that responsibility,,,; that citizen right, to protect what is ours and most precious to us?

Why did we allow that to happen?

The left screams we no longer need the second Amendment. That the government will secure our safety and that of our children. How's that concept working out lately?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Look, I seriously doubt there is any foolproof system to"Prevent" mass killings such as this recent one or the one in Las Vegas. But there should be better defense systems.

A border wall won't prevent illegals from entering the USA but the inability to access jobs would slow it down to a trickle. More effective and less costly. Same with protecting our schools.

But there is more we can do that doesn't require the 2nd be repealed and they confiscate our guns. We need to change the rhetoric about responsible gun ownership, possession, and use. One way would be a better understanding of "Good Shepard's."

We have "Good Samaritan " laws which protect from liability a layman's action's when providing assistance to the injured and ill But pull your weapon and use it to save or protect someone from harm and that's another story. Imagine if you were to come upon a school shooting and engage the perpetrator. Chances are, assuming the police didn't shoot you, that much of the rest of your life would be spent with a lawyer keeping you out of jail or defending you in civil lawsuits.

But imagine what could be the environment for a perpetrator knowing the possibility is significant, that they would face lethal resistance from a teacher, a coach, a Principle or and average Joe bystander doing what used to be considered a civic duty.

Not that many years ago when a school or church was threatened, responsible citizens went out to the cars, their homes, and brought back a weapon to face the threat. When did we relinquish that responsibility,,,; that citizen right, to protect what is ours and most precious to us?

Why did we allow that to happen?

The left screams we no longer need the second Amendment. That the government will secure our safety and that of our children. How's that concept working out lately?

That is the reason right there that I would not conceal carry IF I owned any firearms, of which I do not since I lost them all in the tragic boating accident on Lake Champlain in 2012.

Financial ruin, or any jail time at this stage of my life is, in essence, paramount to a life sentence.

Hyperbole aside, we have in essence lost our ability to defend ourselves to any degree and continue our lives in a normal fashion. Of course, that is not to say we should not defend our families even if we must sacrifice ourselves in the endeavor.

One more reason on how the cancer of liberalism has destroyed this once great nation.

rugerman

A old saying goes “I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6” that is why my wife and I both habitually carry when we are out of the house, that and I have arthritis and in a fight I would be next to useless, my concealed carry helps to even the odds.