• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The plan WAS to head out and pick up a lamp light socket to fix a floor lamp, then come home and fix it then relax on a rare appointment free day. Well, three trips to the hardware store later, the lamp is now fixed and the first time sitting down at 4pm. So much for a day of rest. Oh, I did play with the new pressure washer a bit too.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You are already!!::smile

Monsters inc. would agree :wub:

20180627_161727.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The plan WAS to head out and pick up a lamp light socket to fix a floor lamp, then come home and fix it then relax on a rare appointment free day. Well, three trips to the hardware store later, the lamp is now fixed and the first time sitting down at 4pm. So much for a day of rest. Oh, I did play with the new pressure washer a bit too.

Man, that is the story of my life. It has been filled with 10 minute jobs that take hours, buckets of sweat and more than one busted knuckle. But hey, that's why it is not easy being a MAN. :bolt:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ali has her first day physical therapy this afternoon.
She's already been doing ttwb on the leg and says she's taking herself to the appt.
Hmm..
Seems her mother can't now, and there is no way I can since I have to be here with the kids with a roofer coming over near the same time.

Oh well... can't do everything!
:hammer:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, this morning it’s chemo . This afternoon’s schedule is ,as of yet ,a complete mystery .

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This morning was an eye appointment for one of the kiddies. Then physio. Went to the mall to see if a shed I'd ordered a few weeks ago arrived. It didn't. Went for lunch with my mother to hash out a few things. Then came home and ditched the scooter and lift off the truck, hooked up to the flat deck. Then got a call from lowes saying they found my shed. So back to lowes and picked up the shed. Now it's time for r&r for a few before the whole "7 kids and supper/evening" routine begins.

Tomorrow will be much of the same. Packing up and heading to camp for 9 days.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The kiddies have been well behaved today, especially Maddie cause she knows Nana don't mess around.
Ali went to her PT yesterday and did okay.
She is still having trouble putting her foot flat on the floor, hopefully that will improve with successive sessions.

I'm gonna go see numero uno grandchild this evening and squash her with hugs and kisses.
I don't have to cook dinner tonight either.
Yay!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Running around like a duck with it's head chopped off today getting ready for camp, getting 3 kids ready to go to their dads for a week, and packing up two foster kids for a month long visit with gramma.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Ty's gonna grill this evening.
My ex (his and Jeff's dad) is coming up from Celina to see all the grandkids.
It's going to be nice seeing him again.
He's got Parkinson's.
Very hard to see him like that.

Last time he was here he read the girls a book.
Maddie kept looking at his right hand shaking, but didn't say anything, she just laid her head on his arm.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Mowed the lawn early as the heat wave continues on to Day 2.

On the plus side, house sitting my neighbor's house while they are gone on vacation. THE POOL IS MINE!! Tomorrow it is supposed to be 97 and 100 on Monday. Old TR will be hanging out poolside with his cooler and a good book.

Life is grand.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowed the grass this morning despite the heat. Then sprayed the entire yard with bug repellant.
We have chiggers and ticks. First time in years.

Grandson is here for the summer so we plan a lot of outdoor work projects. With in ten minutes he had 11 mosquito bites and a tick. Apparently, Connecticut has made him a soft little snowflake that is gonna melt here in Missouri.:unsure: Time to put down the GameBoy.

Gonna break up 3 X 18 feet of driveway install a drain and lay pavers. Then, we have about 20 more feet of drain pipe to lay, a new shed floor to install and some patio brick work to repair. After all of that, the Coy pond needs a full overhaul.

We have a full face cord of oak to split and stack.

I'll toughen him up by August.:boxing:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowed the lawn early as the heat wave continues on to Day 2.

Mowed the grass this morning despite the heat. Then sprayed the entire yard with bug repellant.
We have chiggers and ticks. First time in years.

Grandson is here for the summer so we plan a lot of outdoor work projects. With in ten minutes he had 11 mosquito bites and a tick. Apparently, Connecticut has made him a soft little snowflake that is gonna melt here in Missouri.:unsure:
:

I also mowed early today while it was cool. (Maybe cool isn’t the word. Maybe less hot?). Great minds think alike. :th_lmao:

Franc, switched to this stuff a couple of years ago. Seems to do the job and has a pleasant scent.

Attachments

• EB6734CB-49F6-48B6-8874-663812CA5708.jpeg
    EB6734CB-49F6-48B6-8874-663812CA5708.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 72

rugerman

Some folks are just mosquitoe magnets, if my son and I are both outside in the evening mosquitoes won’t bother me but they will be eating him up, he has learned to be inside before the sun goes down or to spray down with insect repellent.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This afternoon I was to be getting back to my hospice job thru home health, but that won't be happening any time soon.

Last night was interesting and fun.
Good food and lots of laughter and memories.

Today is to be another steamer.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
fretting-- my icd has this beat battery that they apparently gave me notice of (they didn't) -- they expect me to wait 2 months w/ this thing beeping so often that my going nuts seems imminent-- that beeping!!
damn-- sounds all too similar, i'd say, to an item poe put into his book--
my ticker's, literally, my tell tale ticker, guys--

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best wishes and prayers luvs.

Makes my little issue / frustration seem minimal. It is also an alarm issue.
I have had the boat to the shop twice in the past month. Counting this weekend I've missed 3 weekends of boating fun.

The damn alarm is still going off. first we thought gear lube warning. Nope. Then sea water pump. Nope. Alarm is for something being to hot. Exhaust or internal water / antifreeze. This boat has a closed system so that adds another element to the equation. Back to the shop next Weds or Thurs. Sure hope 3rd time is a charm.

Last edited:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Some folks are just mosquitoe magnets, if my son and I are both outside in the evening mosquitoes won’t bother me but they will be eating him up, he has learned to be inside before the sun goes down or to spray down with insect repellent.

Mosquitoes prefer type "O" blood. It's a medically proven fact.
Grandson Jessie is Type "O"

Since it is also the universal blood type, the Red Cross will be calling him often for blood. He is becoming quite a good man. I suspect he will answer that call and volunteer often.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Best wishes and prayers luvs.

Makes my little issue / frustration seem minimal. It is also an alarm issue.
I have had the boat to the shop twice in the past month. Counting this weekend I've missed 3 weekends of boating fun.

The damn alarm is still going off. first we thought gear lube warning. Nope. Then sea water pump. Nope. Alarm is for something being to hot. Exhaust or internal water / antifreeze. This boat has a closed system so that adds another element to the equation. Back to the shop next Weds or Thurs. Sure hope 3rd time is a charm.

Any successful mechanic will tell you the best way to fix it is to change out every part, one at a time, until you guess right.:yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
In the woods this morning scouting out some trees to cut this fall. I underestimated how quickly it was going to get hot. By 10AM it was already well in the 80's and muggy. I bagged it and came home. Currently 100.3 with a 76 degree dew point. Physical exertion of any type in this weather condition is impossible for me now.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Church for 8am mass.

Late morning I did an oil/filter change on the Bobcat tractor. Topped off the coolant and hydraulic fluid. Mowed the north field area of the property as well as the shooting range, which I stretched out to almost 200 yards.

Ate a lot of watermelon.

Thinking of going out to the swimming pool.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The day started out nice but then rain set in around 1pm. Good movie day at camp. Finally got to watch "I can only imagine". It's Bart Millard's story of how he brought his band Mercy Me to fame. Very inspiring.

Angelface

We spent the day up in our private spot up in the mountains. We layed on sheets in 70 degree weather with a warm breeze while the kids played in the dirt. It costs no money and it was the most fun and relaxing time we have had in a long time.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.