• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fed's try to raid Mormon Food Storage for lists of names . . .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Go to the FEMA website and other government websites and they advocate that people store a reasonable amount of food and disaster supplies for both natural and man made disasters. But following the recommendation may get you 'on a list' if the Dept of Homeland Security agents have their way.

Oath Keepers has learned that federal agents recently visited a Latter Day Saints (Mormon) Church food storage cannery in Tennessee, demanding customer lists, wanting to know the identity of Americans who are purchasing food storage from the Mormons. This incident was confirmed, in person, by Oath Keepers Tennessee Chapter President, Rand Cardwell.

Here is Rand’s report: Please Read His Entire Report
. . . federal agents had visited the facility and demanded a list of individuals that had been purchasing bulk food. The manager informed the agents that the facility kept no such records and that all transactions were conducted on a cash-and-carry basis. The agents pressed for any record of personal checks, credit card transactions, etc . . .

. . .

. . . The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in their “Are You Ready?” guide to “In Depth Citizen Preparedness” recommends that citizens store emergency supplies, including bulk food, in the event of a natural disaster or man-made event (the new politically correct term applied to a terrorist attack). The FEMA guidance is spot-on as it allows individuals and families to be self-sufficient during an emergency situation.

And here in Tennessee, we just learned that Nashville Metro Public Health and the Tennessee Department of Health are conducting “door-to-door assessment of disaster preparedness … using a tool designed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to go door to door and check to see how disaster ready you are. .. in 30 neighborhoods in Davidson County [TN] that have been randomly selected to be the target of a door to door assessment.” I have confirmed that that is a state run effort.

So on the one hand, government agencies both state and federal are urging you to be prepared and even checking up on you to see how prepared you are, and on the other hand, we now have federal agencies that are attempting to gather information on individuals that are following FEMA suggestions. What is the reasoning behind gathering this information? Are American citizens now being “listed” by DHS if they are simply following FEMA guidance and purchasing bulk food and emergency supplies for their families? . . .

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes that sure is a disturbing development but then as he article says, pay cash only and pick up in person. I personally recommend buy over a longer period of time also instead of at one time. I wonder about places like Cosco, Sam's Club etc that sell in bulk also though I shop at neither it sill makes one wonder as even if paying cash they check you out with a membership card listed.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes that sure is a disturbing development but then as he article says, pay cash only and pick up in person. I personally recommend buy over a longer period of time also instead of at one time. I wonder about places like Cosco, Sam's Club etc that sell in bulk also though I shop at neither it sill makes one wonder as even if paying cash they check you out with a membership card listed.

I hope not. I buy in bulk there often.
Food, yes. We store considerable amounts of it. We do so in the event of our poverty.
Not just for our use but for the various food drives.

Like many folks, we buy for the hard times that may come or may not and need to rotate our unused stock out when it ages.
Last sumer when some boy scouts came by for a few cans, I told them to back their daddy's car against the garage.
I am sure many people do this in some form or another, so the reisistance will be widespread if the government tries.

If that means we will get a visit frome FEMA, they had better have a warrant.

Just to throw a conspiracy angle out there,,,,,,I believe the current government leaders are hell bent on reducinbg our ability to be charatible citizens. The war on Christianity is , I suspect, based on this concept that all goodness should only come from the govenment. This seemingly innocent but possibly malevolent activity by FEMA fits that scheme. And therefore, does not surprise me at all.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I hope not. I buy in bulk there often. Food, yes. We store considerable amounts of it. Not just for our use but for the various food drives.

Last sumer when some boy scouts came by for a few cans, I told them to back their daddy's car against the garage.

If that means we will get a visit frome FEMA, they had better have a warrant.

I am sure many people do this so the reisitance will be widespread if the government tries.

Just to throw a conspiracy angle out there,,,,,,I believe the current government leaders are hell bent on reducinbg our ability to be charatible citizens. This seemingly innocent but possibly malevolent activity by FEMA fits that scheme. And therefore, does not surprise me at all.

A warrant doesn't seem to be needed by the DHS/FEMA in the case of martial law be it natural disaster or what ever.

I buy dry long term food stuffs and have for years now. I'm at the point now I only replace what gets used. I also tend to pay cash any how and have for years as I don't use credit cards often.

Being in the storage business since before 911, we get a lot of alerts from Federal agencies of things to look out for. One of the highest on their list is tenants that always pay cash which got me thinking about this. I have notice my cash income has gone up compared to checks and credit cards the last few years. I kind of figured it was due to people being out of work, working part time, bank accounts being closed once savings is gone and living day to either with less income due to either being part time or depending on unemployment to get by on. That is based on the impression I get from those that have gone from checks/debit cards to cash over the last couple of years at least here.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A warrant doesn't seem to be needed by the DHS/FEMA in the case of martial law be it natural disaster or what ever.

I buy dry long term food stuffs and have for years now. I'm at the point now I only replace what gets used. I also tend to pay cash any how and have for years as I don't use credit cards often.

Being in the storage business since before 911, we get a lot of alerts from Federal agencies of things to look out for. One of the highest on their list is tenants that always pay cash which got me thinking about this. I have notice my cash income has gone up compared to checks and credit cards the last few years. I kind of figured it was due to people being out of work, working part time, bank accounts being closed once savings is gone and living day to either with less income due to either being part time or depending on unemployment to get by on. That is based on the impression I get from those that have gone from checks/debit cards to cash over the last couple of years at least here.

I didn't say anything about legel. What they are doing ain't exactly "legal"

Old story of a goverment agent stepping on to a ranchers land. "I'm here to see your herd" he said
The aged and stubborn rancher got up off his porch, grabbed a big stick and told him "I wouldn't recommend it"
"I am from the Federal government and come with a badge. I'll go anywhere I please you old coot."

A few moments later the Agent came running back accross the field a big mad bull right on his butt.
"Make him stop!" said the agent
The rancher calmly replied, "Hell boy, just show him your badge."

The government had better bring a warrant to enter my property for anything. They, like everybody else, enter only with my permission.

Building inpector, no problem.
Foodstuffs inspector, sorry, I'll see you in court.

In times of crisis, the last person I want to see at my door "for my protection" is anyone from the federal Government. Anyone remember the story of the Grasshopper and the ant? I have been responsible and done the ant thing.

When the time comes, I'll shoot the grasshoppers. Call me bullish.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems its been debunked, Shep posted this in the thread he started.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKLnsaQgqc8&feature=player_embedded"]Answers on mormon cannery controversy - YouTube[/ame]#!

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't say anything about legel. What they are doing ain't exactly "legal"

Old story of a goverment agent stepping on to a ranchers land. "I'm here to see your herd" he said
The aged and stubborn rancher got up off his porch, grabbed a big stick and told him "I wouldn't recommend it"
"I am from the Federal government and come with a badge. I'll go anywhere I please you old coot."

A few moments later the Agent came running back accross the field a big mad bull right on his butt.
"Make him stop!" said the agent
The rancher calmly replied, "Hell boy, just show him your badge."

The government had better bring a warrant to enter my property for anything. They, like everybody else, enter only with my permission.

Building inpector, no problem.
Foodstuffs inspector, sorry, I'll see you in court.

In times of crisis, the last person I want to see at my door "for my protection" is anyone from the federal Government. Anyone remember the story of the Grasshopper and the ant? I have been responsible and done the ant thing.

When the time comes, I'll shoot the grasshoppers. Call me bullish.

Ah did I use the term Legal any where in my statement? Just wondering if you read what I said.

Now it really doesn't matter since the patroit act was passed the government now can do what they hell the want all they have to do is say any one is a treat to national security, hence a terrorist with them being put away without and recourse at all. I didn't approve of this but congress did and Bush signed it and Obama also has continued to use it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah did I use the term Legal any where in my statement? Just wondering if you read what I said.

Now it really doesn't matter since the patroit act was passed the government now can do what they hell the want all they have to do is say any one is a treat to national security, hence a terrorist with them being put away without and recourse at all. I didn't approve of this but congress did and Bush signed it and Obama also has continued to use it.

Cut the bull shit Joec You said "A warrant doesn't seem to be needed by the DHS/FEMA in the case of martial law be it natural disaster or what ever."
Parsing and then implementing your meanings isn't fair debate. And I wasn't arguing your point anyway.

In order to enter my property I will expect to see a warrant. Under martial law they can come in because such Constitutional protections are suspended. But this is about coming in pre-emptively to "take inventory."

It is no different than the IOWA gun owndership and possesion excercises.

Let me ask you,,,when in our country's 234 year history has the government been allowed to inspect people's homes for non conttraband items, just to see who has them?
This is very recent and it's from an administration that did not need the Patriot Act (Which doesn't actualy apply here, I know you cannot help yourself,,, nice try) to perform lawlessness. They just needed a DOJ that would allow it.

I believe, In Eric Holder, they got their wish.

BTW, More folks are paying cash because thanks to Frank-Dodd the banks are charging more for Credit and Debit card use. I pay cash frequently now because merchants often give a discount for cash and because high credit card balances hurt my already weak borrowing ability.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Cut the bull shit Joec You said "A warrant doesn't seem to be needed by the DHS/FEMA in the case of martial law be it natural disaster or what ever."
Parsing and then implementing your meanings isn't fair debate. And I wasn't arguing your point anyway.

In order to enter my property iwill expect to see a warrant. Under martial law they can come in because such Constitutional protections are suspended. But this is about coming in premptively to "take inventory."

UIt is no different than the IOWA gun owndership and possesion excercises.

Let me ask you,,,when in our country's 234 year history has the government been allowed to inspect people's homes for non conttraband items, just to see who has them?
This is very recent and it's from an administration that did not need the Patriot Act (Which doesn't actualy apply here, I know you cannot help yourself,,, nice try) to perform lawlessness. They just needed a DOJ that would allow it.

I believe, In Eric Holder, they got their wish.

That was the point I was making was be it a natural disaster or what ever they emergancy, it automatically will declare martial law, so end of conversation on that.

As for Eric Holder, you think the last two that held his office wouldn't have also? If so they you are living in the twilight zone not reality. Besides how do you know these plans haven't been in the works a long time now perhaps even preceding this administration when the DHS was setup to begin with? I'm sure not defending the current administration but these things don't happen over night on a whim and this administration is just as wrong to use them as any also.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The point I was making was be it a natural disaster or what ever they automatically will declare martial law so end of conversation on that.

As for Eric Holder and you think the last two that held his office wouldn't have also? If so they you are living in the twilight zone not reality. Besides how do you know these plans haven't been in the works a long time now perhaps even preceding this administration when the DHS was setup to begin with? I'm sure not defending the current administration but these things don't happen over night on a whim and this administration is just as wrong to use them as any also.

The "last two?" Get out of that GWB rut. It is so yesterday. Besides, as I recall, GWB's pundits headlined for years after our disasters, he had no control of FEMA. Can you say Katrina? And now, suddenly you postulate, he was planning this action?

Speculation about "these Plans" are just that. Speculation. It is happening now because this administration wants it to happen. The previous one had no more to do with it than it did with Fast and Furious.

Or Solyndra.

Or buying GM and Chrysler

The scewups of the last administration have, perhaps, been continued and amplified by the current one. I doubt members of either currently running for office will get us away from this path, this direction to ruin. Obama didn't get us out of the ditch. Amatuer that he is, he foolishly just stepped on the gas.

Americans have come to expect the government to take care of them instead of taking care of the Country. This FEMA action of taking inventory of what is out there "just in case" is just another comfort to their feelings.

At the expense of their freedom.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Did you fellers happen to catch post #6 ? This article was bullshit. :doh:

Yes I was aware of it and saw it posted on another site as BS but don't want to mention again in this forum as it gets attacked here unless they use it to debunk a point they wish to make.:smile:.

Kane

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -- Thomas Paine

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you fellers happen to catch post #6 ? This article was bullshit. :doh:

Doesn't matter. Taken as a hypothetical, my points on the issue would still stand.

Which is why I continued the point. Past Post #6

I am clear in what I know I will do when the challenge comes.
That will not be when an article is posted or a rumor spread but when there is no longer the convenience of time to debate the point.

That moment when the door is kicked in.

Are you?

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That moment when the door is kicked in.

Are you?
Far better then you can imagine "Sir". I seen this crap coming long before most of the rest of you, and took the proper measures to protect me and mine. I still like to keep in touch with what its like in the real world though. :wink:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Far better then you can imagine "Sir". I seen this crap coming long before most of the rest of you, and took the proper measures to protect me and mine. I still like to keep in touch with what its like in the real world though. :wink:

As I have said before and will again, I am new here but,,,,,,I am not a nubie to the subject.

Gold, bullets, and TP. All set.

I do not have to "imagine."

SShepherd

well, it looks like I've found a little more credible info that qhat I've posted;

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15948523/door-to-door-assessment-for-disaster-preparedness

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Whether it's flooding or another severe weather event, emergency officials want to make sure Tennesseans are prepared.
A community assessment will get underway Thursday across Davidson County.
Tennessee has been hit hard with natural disasters --from a devastating flood in May 2010 to several strings of severe storms and tornadoes that ripped through the state in just the last year and a half.
The Metro Public Health and the Tennessee Department of Health will be using a tool designed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to go door to door and check to see how disaster ready you are.
The door to door assessment will take place from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday. It will be in 30 neighborhoods in Davidson County that have been randomly selected to be the target of a door to door assessment.
Saturday will be used as a backup day if the assessments are not completed by Friday.
Participants will be asked a list of 22 questions. They may include:
  • What is your primary way of getting information during a disaster or emergency?
  • What special assistance might you need from emergency responders during an emergency?
The people conducting the survey will be wearing a t-Shirt with the words CASPER written on the front, which stands for Community Assessment on Public Health Emergency Response.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What's that phrase?
Oh yes.. END THE FED!

11-14ef.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
now i live in the bush and to some extent off the land they come knocking on my door why i may just have to show them one of my manny favorite hunting rifles why stock up if a real disaster strikes have fun writing me a ticket for poaching when i need to feed my family

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As long as we pay our taxes and keep to ourselves, I see no reason why the government feel they have a right to stick their noses in on what we do to look out for ourselves and our own.