• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Caught myself on fire .... again

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Second time this week :w00t2:. First time was sparks from a 4" grinder. Today was with a wire feed welder . Burned a big hole in my new sweat shirt . Dang !!!
I gotta start watching them sparks better . About 3 years ago I caught my tennis shoe on fire with the wire feed welder .
I think I'll start carring around a personal fire extiinguisher strapped on my belt .:unsure:

Trakternut

Just drink a lotta beer. You can enjoy being on fire more, and you'll have noooooooooooo problem puttin' it out when you're ready.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I set my pants ablaze once with a grinder. My knee started getting warm and I looked down and it was flaming up.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Second time this week :w00t2:. First time was sparks from a 4" grinder. Today was with a wire feed welder . Burned a big hole in my new sweat shirt . Dang !!!
I gotta start watching them sparks better . About 3 years ago I caught my tennis shoe on fire with the wire feed welder .
I think I'll start carring around a personal fire extiinguisher strapped on my belt .:unsure:

Once I get a job I'll buy you a fire resistant suit :wink:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Might seem like a pain in the rear, but they work great

Attachments

• apron.jpg
    apron.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 66
P

Pigtails

Well, MT has been burning slash piles yesterday and today, so I was worried when he radioed me to hurry up. I thought he caught his self on fire. I threw away a zip up hooded sweat shirt type jacket last year and one shirt. They had so many burn holes in them, amazing the sparks didn't ignite. So BigAl you are lucky. But use that there apron thing like Ohio showed you, just to be on the safe side. :biggrin: