• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

After fifty years my wife's present to me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I met exactly fifty years ago today on walkie talkies. True Story!

My mom gave my youngest brother a toy walkie talkie and since they came in pairs, I got the other one. I was 20 years old at the time and was not really amused by her frugality but I turned it on and transmitted a message to my brother of 14.

Waiting for a response I heard a female voice, "Does anyone hear me?"
"I hear you. You sound cute, how old are you?"
"I'm 17" was the reply.
A rather gutsy and forward request came without thinking,""Uh, where do you live?"
Her answer put her only 8 houses up the street.

"I'll be right there!"

Turns out her boyfriend was playing pool with her brother and she got bored. Started playing with his radio. It was a cold Christmas night when my brother and I walked up the hill to Cathy's house. But worth it as I got the best Christmas present ever. After two hours of standing in the cold her Dad called out, Bring him in or send him home." Inside was not an option so we went home. I said to my brother " I'm gonna marry that one."

She told her cousin the very same. We have been inseparable ever since.

Today I kept hearing her voice but couldn't source it. Finally I traced it to my Christmas stocking, hanging on the fireplace. She was calling me on a tiny but new "toy" CB radio. Apparently she had the idea to re-gift herself, assuming I was interested.

Gonna start that romance all over again.

Merry Christmas ya'll

And remember, the best things in life are often closer than you might think.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay guys. This may not be working out so well.
We met in December of 67 and were married in May of 1969. If this is a new repeat of our courtship, that means no sex for 15 months.:whistling:

:ohmy::pat:

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
great story!!!! Congratulations from Texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have another great 50 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is just a wonderful Christmas story that turned into so much more!

Thanks for sharing that Franc. I have heard some stories about how couples meet, but this one is really special!

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I think that is the cutest "how I met my wife" story that I've heard in a long, long time.

Sex???????? :th_lmao:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay guys. This may not be working out so well.
We met in December of 67 and were married in May of 1969. If this is a new repeat of our courtship, that means no sex for 15 months.:whistling:

:ohmy::pat:

I was wrong!!!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
After one glass of champagne, 2018 has started off with a real bang:smile5: