• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

We just got a butt load of snow in U.P.

wesley

2 days of snow and it still hasn't stopped. For the first time ever, I might have to use the thiokol to get into camp for deer season. Other less fortunate camps are using end loaders to get their roads open. :w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: We just got a but load of snow in U.P.

I'm so depressed we only got 5 inches out of this last storm the next day it turned to rain and every thing is mud water and ice.

Kristi Kt-4

Not to depress you any more Don, but..... I will post some pics this weekend of a Kristi in some fresh powder! :flowers:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Matt did you mean Post some pictures ON the snow....

I think the forum has seen enough kristis IN the snow.

;-)

Kristi Kt-4

Very true Mike! I will have to see if I can get some video of a fine Kristi machine traversing ON top of snow under its own power. I wouldn't want anyone thinking that it was pushed, pulled, or dragged to the picture spot. The driver will have a grin from ear to ear! :w00t2:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

After listening to all the hype on TV this morning, I was finally convinced of the blizzard we are having here. So I fired up the freighter and took her for a spin. Somehow, all I could hear in the back of my head was "WRECK THIS SNO-CAT ON ROCKS AND THE BOSS MAY PUT YOU BACK ON "MUSSCLE-DRAULIC".

Attachments

• DSCN2268.jpg
    DSCN2268.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 340

wesley

Deer season opens on the 15th in Michigan and because of the huge amount of snow a lot of them can't even get into their camps much less hunt. Here's my advantage. I was so tired from walking in, in knee deep snow I couldn't clear the snow off it.

Attachments

• 100_3439.jpg
    100_3439.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 325

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went looking for deer and found the snow

I just got back in from hunting north of Tupper Lake, NY. Had a few inches each morning that were perfect for tracking, and melting away by late afternoon. Yesterday it laid down 5 inches of wet snow during the day, then dusted on & off all night. This morning the lake effect snow hitting Buffalo with 6 feet started in with a fury. By the time we loaded the truck to head out, there was over a foot on the ground with two more expected. Just amazing how hard it was dumping down. Then, 15 miles south, we literally crossed over a ridge line and into blue skies and sunshine. Crazy weather!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Lake effect is wild already this year. Sure glad it is stopping about 40 miles west of me.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

It was building up fast yesterday. 2-3 inches/hour? But winter officially arrived in upper NY!

Attachments

• IMG_2874.JPG
    IMG_2874.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2875.JPG
    IMG_2875.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2878.jpg
    IMG_2878.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 246

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

From the hunt- :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2864.JPG
    IMG_2864.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 244

akimp

Oh man nice snow I'm so jealous. Interior Alaska has been warm and it rained all day. I guess I will have to wait to test out my new Snow-Trac.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

you do know you don't need snow for snow tracs?
st.gif

Last edited:

Manistee

We had about 2' of snow drop on us in the northern lower during the first part of deer season, but nothing that could not be navigated with my Grand Cherokee. It was a good thing since the tracks were still off my machine. Now that the tracks are back on, the snow has melted and it predicted to warm up for the foreseeable future. Not complaining, maybe it will give me a chance to get a few more things done before winter really sets in for the season.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter

Oh man nice snow I'm so jealous. Interior Alaska has been warm and it rained all day. I guess I will have to wait to test out my new Snow-Trac.

not much out here in western ak too, I took the grand son for a ride in Brutis last night, and second gear across the tundra was all I could take even with the suspension seat.