• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dammit! 1 Day after Obama elected, my IRA drops 10%..but gun collection goes UP!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Clearly the stock market isn't keen on Obummer slashing and thrashing the US economy for another 4 years! I pretty well have all the firearms and ammo I can reasonably handle for now. I've already had 3 friends call and ask if I'd sell them a firearm. :hammer: I suggested going to a real gun store because I buy, not sell. They said they tried and stores are packed and most high cap stuff has been cleaned out. He said it's like trying to buy bread and milk after a winter storm warning has been issued! :wow:

Anyone want to make any predictions what this country will be like by the time we get rid of Obama? Price of gasoline? Stock market value? State of auto manufacturers? I figure I'll be okay since I've been a saver of sorts since I was 12 years old and started planning my retirement then. Obama has taken a chunk out of it and pushed it back a bit, but perhaps I've made up what he has destroyed by changing my investments to real estate. My son, who is now active duty military, has already been warned NOT to say anything about Obama. Apparently he has his political minions roaming about just waiting to trash the careers of long serving military members for speaking their minds about their (unwanted) commander in chief.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Ah I heard on one of the early morning shows that the drop is due to Europe but if so it will come back in a day or two.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Ah I heard on one of the early morning shows that the drop is due to Europe but if so it will come back in a day or two.

Hopefully American pride, military spending, saving our own country before others, fixing our broken tax code etc. will come back in a day or too as well. :whistling:

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully American pride, military spending, saving our own country before others, fixing our broken tax code etc. will come back in a day or too as well. :whistling:

It depends on the House and we will see.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If not, it will probably take 4 years or more to recover, if ever.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
It depends on the House and we will see.

Well, when the Democrats had a super-majority things went to hell in a handbasket by all accounts. Are you implying now that the Dems only have one of the two halves the Republicans can get this sinking ship righted?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
... My son, who is now active duty military, has already been warned NOT to say anything about Obama. Apparently he has his political minions roaming about just waiting to trash the careers of long serving military members for speaking their minds about their (unwanted) commander in chief.

Speaking disparagingly about those above you in the chain of command, including the Commander in Chief, is a violation
of the UCMJ; this is nothing new. Remember: Military members are the servants of our democratic republic - they are
not full members thereof. They voluntarily gave up most of their rights when they accepted the oath of enlistment/office.

Commanding officers are always sensitive to this subject, as it is not only a UCMJ violation, it is a threat to unit cohesiveness
and security. There is no need for political minions to snoop around

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Let's just see what that gun collection is worth . . . November 8, 2012, Senator Diane Feinstein introduced (to the media, it is not yet an official bill) a new Semi-Auto ban, it includes confiscation of firearms that are deemed to be 'bad' guns.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter

Speaking disparagingly about those above you in the chain of command, including the Commander in Chief, is a violation
of the UCMJ; this is nothing new. Remember: Military members are the servants of our democratic republic - they are
not full members thereof. They voluntarily gave up most of their rights when they accepted the oath of enlistment/office.

Commanding officers are always sensitive to this subject, as it is not only a UCMJ violation, it is a threat to unit cohesiveness
and security. There is no need for political minions to snoop around

Thanks for the info. My son is a junior commissioned officer and plans on a military career. I think it was just a reminder to young officers to not derail their career before it really gets started.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info. My son is a junior commissioned officer and plans on a military career. I think it was just a reminder to young officers to not derail their career before it really gets started.

Your son should know all this, but for your own information: http://www.armytimes.com/community/ask_lawyer/military_askthelawyer_070827w/

It isn't too long, but it gives a clear picture of the do's and don't's of military speech. To be even more specific than the
article, here is the text of UCMJ Article 88:

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the
Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or
possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

mtmogs

Very intelligent statement Dargo. The stock market wasn't keen on O the last 4 years, so much so that the market only doubled. These ideas in your head, you know they don't represent reality...right?

Clearly the stock market isn't keen on Obummer slashing and thrashing the US economy for another 4 years!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I remember some liberal here a while back running his mouth about how well the 401 (k) has been doing since O'Blamo took office. Well now that is just more bullshit from the left like all the rest.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Let's just see what that gun collection is worth . . . November 8, 2012, Senator Diane Feinstein introduced (to the media, it is not yet an official bill) a new Semi-Auto ban, it includes confiscation of firearms that are deemed to be 'bad' guns.

Then I would say that Diane BitchStein should come herself and try to confiscate my semi automatic collection. I would like that.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Very intelligent statement Dargo. The stock market wasn't keen on O the last 4 years, so much so that the market only doubled. These ideas in your head, you know they don't represent reality...right?

Reality. Hmm, how do you define 'reality'?? I stated that a day after he was re-elected the markets basically crashed. It is in the record books for you to see. Those are certainly not "ideas in your head", they are fact and reality. I'm certainly not perfect by any means, but your criticism and sarcasm of my statement certainly do not reflect well on your ability to ascertain fact from fantasy. Perhaps you should pick a different post of mine for criticism. The indisputable facts show that you are simply flat wrong in your misguided attack this time.

As I said, I'm far from perfect, so it shouldn't be hard to find a post where I'm wrong. You just sort of blew it on your sarcastic attack this time. Better luck to ya next time. :thumb:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Your son should know all this, but for your own information: http://www.armytimes.com/community/ask_lawyer/military_askthelawyer_070827w/

It isn't too long, but it gives a clear picture of the do's and don't's of military speech. To be even more specific than the
article, here is the text of UCMJ Article 88:

“Any commissioned officer who uses contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the
Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Transportation, or the Governor or legislature of any State, Territory, Commonwealth, or
possession in which he is on duty or present shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Thanks again. I showed it to him and he pretty well had it memorized verbatim. Fortunately for him, he is actually a very quiet type who follows orders precisely as given. That sort of demeanor along with his top, or one of the top, scorers in most every test given (physical and written) so far seems to be how he was chosen to go to a military school and be a leader of his groups. Which, thoroughly amazes me, because I can't get him to do anything...except, he did take my advice and began training in Mixed Martial Arts a few years ago and competes on a regional level. He uses Brian Stann as his military role model. IMHO, Mr. Stann is an outstanding role model for him to emulate.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Reality. Hmm, how do you define 'reality'?? I stated that a day after he was re-elected the markets basically crashed. It is in the record books for you to see. Those are certainly not "ideas in your head", they are fact and reality. I'm certainly not perfect by any means, but your criticism and sarcasm of my statement certainly do not reflect well on your ability to ascertain fact from fantasy. Perhaps you should pick a different post of mine for criticism. The indisputable facts show that you are simply flat wrong in your misguided attack this time.

As I said, I'm far from perfect, so it shouldn't be hard to find a post where I'm wrong. You just sort of blew it on your sarcastic attack this time. Better luck to ya next time. :thumb:

Good points Dargo, but personally I would have used a different finger than the thumb.