• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Armour "potted meat"

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Eating a can of Armour "Potted Meat"

Its sort of scary. Never had it before. Wife bought it for me because I like sardines and other stinky food. Not sure if that is a good thing?

It's not SPAM. SPAM is pretty good. This is, well, its hard to describe.

Gave some to the big dog. She ate it and then went and drank a bowl of water. Hmmm.

I'm now praying for the safety and security of my bowels.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Eating a can of Armour "Potted Meat"

Its sort of scary. Never had it before. Wife bought it for me because I like sardines and other stinky food. Not sure if that is a good thing?

It's not SPAM. SPAM is pretty good. This is, well, its hard to describe.

Gave some to the big dog. She ate it and then went and drank a bowl of water. Hmmm.

I'm now praying for the safety and security of my bowels.

Isn't it just dried beef that has been "flaked"? Kind of a beef jerky from the fifties?

When Mom was sick, Dad used to take one little jar, make a white gruel gravy, put it all over mashed potatoes and feed himself and five Boys.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NOPE, this stuff is sort of like soft putty, sort of meat flavored, sort of pinkish-tan colored.

There is some sort of chemical/biological reaction going on in my guts.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually its the same color as a hot dog.

So for those who are not familiar with this product, imagine a can of "meat" that is hot dog color, but is ground fine and smooth and spreads easily with a knife.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually its the same color as a hot dog.

So for those who are not familiar with this product, imagine a can of "meat" that is hot dog color, but is ground fine and smooth and spreads easily with a knife.

Now I get it,,like bruinsweigger. Only canned.

Used to be some stuff called Red Devil. Made up in Hannible MO. Never had it myself.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Underwood deviled ham was similar to that. Most Brit meats gross me out. This old Pa. dutch hillbilly likes to know exactly what went in my meats. If it needs ground twice I don't eat it. That is the kind of stuff we clean out of the grinder and feed to the dogs.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
It's cat/dog/gerbil food with a people label. :yuk::puke1::puking:

The only person I would serve that stuff to would be a progressive democrat. Sorry if you like it. You just got your weekly supply of sodium with that can as well.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Bob, I'm British, I grew up on potted meat sandwiches. I still remember those little glass jars that it came in. I never knew what was in it because that was back in the days before everything was printed on the label. It was probably better not to know anyway. In the years after WW2 it was one of the few sources of "protein" that poor people could afford.

Once things improved it sort of faded away, along with Marmite, hopefully never to be seen again although they never quite died off. Pity. They were both horrible. I can remember it being as salty as hell.

Don't worry about getting sick. It's safe .... usually. Keep the Pepto close. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Read the ingrediants. bon apetite'

Screen shot 2013-03-24 at 7.43.57 PM.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Underwood deviled ham was similar to that. Most Brit meats gross me out. This old Pa. dutch hillbilly likes to know exactly what went in my meats. If it needs ground twice I don't eat it. That is the kind of stuff we clean out of the grinder and feed to the dogs.

That's the stuff. Underwood Deviled ham had the Red Devil on the label. Gosh I hate my bad memory. Too much single malt I imagine.

Curious that anyone in Bible country would make a prok product and put the Devil's image on the label. I wonder what the Muslim world would think of that product?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i indulge here & there. read the labels on penrose sausages & vienna sausages 1 day..... also, if u ingest gelatin, that's made from various stuff a person may snub if they saw the ingredients pre-production. as well as natural soup stocks. baloney & hotdogs, they have a few not-so-prime ingredients. & how many ppl put giblets in stuffed roast poultry~
& escargot is a delicacy, as is caviar. ppl say, 'ew. fish eggs.' then u say they have chix eggs in thier fridge. one egg via farm; another via sea. many have ingested seaweed, too. unknowingly.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
i indulge here & there. read the labels on penrose sausages & vienna sausages 1 day..... also, if u ingest gelatin, that's made from various stuff a person may snub if they saw the ingredients pre-production. as well as natural soup stocks. baloney & hotdogs, they have a few not-so-prime ingredients. & how many ppl put giblets in stuffed roast poultry~
& escargot is a delicacy, as is caviar. ppl say, 'ew. fish eggs.' then u say they have chix eggs in thier fridge. one egg via farm; another via sea. many have ingested seaweed, too. unknowingly.

Hey Luvs, as a chef I know you can cook up something with potted meat that would at least make it half edible. Prolly a challenge but any ideas? Maybe not worth it eh? :yum::biggrin::wink:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Luvs, as a chef I know you can cook up something with potted meat that would at least make it half edible. Prolly a challenge but any ideas? Maybe not worth it eh? :yum::biggrin::wink:

sadly, i've already thought of 4. (i'll slink away to find a notebook & pen.):doh:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
yeah. my mind goes into recipe-making mode & i cannot get 'em onto paper quickly enough.
& iiiiiiiii luv it, :wink:. keeps me on my game.