• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mahindra Diesel Pickup

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that kind of sucks i suppose it will be a while befor we see a small diesel pickup in the us they were a good looking little truck and i think would be a good canadate for a track conversion.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was Global Vehicles the importer for the little diesel pick-up, or for the line of Mahindra tractors? Or both?

I know that Mahindra tractors are no longer represented in my area, there was a garden center that was selling them but they were no longer listed on the Mahindra website when I began tractor shopping again.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
what I had heard earlier was that global was suing Mahindra because they announced they would be selling the trucks by December and Global had been "promised" they would be ready for importation/sale by 1 September.
The main delay these past few months was getting their EPA emissions approvals.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you all know what the epa can kiss i'd bet the hold up was to make it not cost effective to import a small diesel into this country just like any where else you can buy a diesel jeep except for the good old usa.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
GV had dumped millions into setting up a dealer network. As far as I know, it was for the trucks only and not tractors.