• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Autralian truck trains

Gerard

"You have to"
Site Supporter
I saw a TV program that had some of those trucks. Pretty awesome sight for sure!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too saw that show. I didn't see it mentioned on that site (page one anyway), but if I recall from the show, these things don't stop unless the driver wants to.

They are now equipped with transmitters to change all traffic lights to green but I don't think they need to stop at stop signs so others (even if they don't have a stop sign at the intersection) need to watch to see if one of these is coming.

daedong

To my knowledge Road trains are not allowed into built up areas with more than two trailers on, and even then they are restricted to certain routes.

Many roads In the outback are dirt/gravel or narrow strips of bitumen only about 12 foot wide. If you see a road train coming toward you on these roads you pull right of the road and stop and wait till they pass, the fish tailing sometimes is beyond belief.

daedong

Any idea for power plants/powertrains on these rigs? They have to have a big motor to move that much weight!!!???
Don't really know, I think the minimum legal size is 350hp, but the average I would guess at is around the 600 hp.