• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 12/21

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 12/21

DID YOU KNOW...
TAKE ME OUT TO THE CLEANERS !!
Washington State taxpayers paid 75 percent of the $425 million tab for the construction
of the Seattle Seahawks’ football stadium, which opened in 2002. What’s odd about that?
The Seahawks are owned by Paul Allen, whom Forbes magazine estimated in 2001 to be
worth at least $30 billion.

1. What is the name of the rabbit in the Disney film 'Bambi'?
2. which city is the headquarters for the International Criminal Court ?
3. In which film did Tom Hanks play a so called 'Master of the Universe'?
4. Who was the A in A&M records?
5. Quite a number of artists had a hit using songs written by Carole King. Which Goffin and
King composition gave Donny Osmond his only number one hit in the USA?
6. Name That Tune Dept;
“Strumming my pain with his fingers”
(Bonus; name the singer!)
7. Which actress co-starred with Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes?
8. When the Titanic sank in 1912, which steamship was less than 20 miles away, yet failed
to heed her distress signals?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Scott Paper Co. is best known for toilet paper , but in the sixties, they also sold paper dresses !
1. Thumper
2. The Hague
3. Bonfire of the Vanities. A term used to describe powerful Wall Street stockbrokers.
4. Herb Alpert
5. Go Away Little Girl
6. Killing Me Softly (Roberta Flack)
7. Jane Russell
8. SS California
TRUTH !!
It started as a marketing stunt to promote their Scott brand, but soon became a “Paper Craze” and pop culture sensation, with Scott selling more than half a million pa

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
6 and T/C for the same reason as ETF.

OK, on #6 bonus, would Carly Simon count as an alternate?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What's going on here? I thought that everybody would have got #1. After all, Thumper says one of the greatest movie lines of all time when he is standing on the frozen lake, "This water's STIFF". That's a classic but maybe it's just me. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
6 and T/C for the same reason as ETF.

OK, on #6 bonus, would Carly Simon count as an alternate?

Sorry Zoomer ;

When we confront a "who sang that" question, we are looking for the first best effort............. otherwise,
Johnny Mathis, Teresa Teng, Cleo Laine, Blossom Dearie, Al B. Sure!, Carole King, Herb Alpert, Engelbert Humperdinck, Tori Amos, Alison Moyet, Eva Cassidy, Perry Como, Harry Connick, Jr., The Jackson 5, Mina, Anne Murray, Sérgio Mendes & Brasil '77, Luther Vandross, Colbie Caillat, Susan Boyle, Toni Braxton, Céline Dion, Alicia Keys, Anastacia, Jaco Pastorius, The Plain White T's, The Youngblood Brass Band, Shirley Bassey, John Holt, Vicki Lawrence, Usha Uthup, Gene Pitney, Allison Iraheta, Eva Avila and the Singers Unlimited, The Ventures, Milton Nascimento, The Undisputed Truth,

would All have to be "alternative" answers.
3_12_31.gif