• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone traveling for Christmas ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I think we will just be spending Christmas at our home in California this year .

We plan to have a belated Christmas with our one daughter in Janurary in San Diego .

Lots of snow out there so please drive slow, be careful, and arrive in one piece to wherever you may be bound . :smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thought about running to N. Carolina to see the girl but they are calling for more slop for Christmas eve. May make the final call based on the weather report.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
As far as christmas plans go. We're staying put. In-laws are slated to arrive the 26th or 27th. I have to make a day trip to the city on the 27th for work. Then I have to find ways to keep me out of the house till new years while the out....er....I mean.....in-laws are staying at my place.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are taking off on Christamas Eve at noon for North Dakota. About an 8 hour drive.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Starting to load the popup camper now to head to FL just after Christmas. It only took me 4 hours to hand wash it by myself. :sad:

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to install the 2nd flat panel big screen in it. Due to DOT regulations the main big screen with all the surround sound etc. won't play while the vehicle is in motion because the driver can see it. I bought a 36" flat panel with a built in blu-ray that can be positioned in several different places where the kids can either watch movies or play their video games on the trip.

I'm glad I was told, and verified, that the main system won't work when you're moving. I guess it makes sense to be sure. Still, I think I would have had some very unhappy riders on the way if we didn't find out until we hit the interstate and they wanted to put in a movie!

I'm also glad I tried to load our car on the tow dolly before we were going to leave too. Several rather important pieces were missing. I'm promised they will be here by Tuesday. If they don't make it by Christmas, I'm reversing the CC charges and they can come and pick it up. I made it extremely clear that the entire reason to buy the tow dolly right now was to use on a trip the day after Christmas.

Attachments

• popup.jpg
    popup.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 103

AndyM

Charter Member
Heading over to the truck stop with the wife and kids for the all-you-can-eat Christmas buffet... no dishes to wash.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Heading over to the truck stop with the wife and kids for the all-you-can-eat Christmas buffet... no dishes to wash.

We went out for thanksgiving this year. It was great to come home to a clean house.

kitty

Starting to load the popup camper now to head to FL just after Christmas. It only took me 4 hours to hand wash it by myself. :sad:

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to install the 2nd flat panel big screen in it. Due to DOT regulations the main big screen with all the surround sound etc. won't play while the vehicle is in motion because the driver can see it. I bought a 36" flat panel with a built in blu-ray that can be positioned in several different places where the kids can either watch movies or play their video games on the trip.

I'm glad I was told, and verified, that the main system won't work when you're moving. I guess it makes sense to be sure. Still, I think I would have had some very unhappy riders on the way if we didn't find out until we hit the interstate and they wanted to put in a movie!

I'm also glad I tried to load our car on the tow dolly before we were going to leave too. Several rather important pieces were missing. I'm promised they will be here by Tuesday. If they don't make it by Christmas, I'm reversing the CC charges and they can come and pick it up. I made it extremely clear that the entire reason to buy the tow dolly right now was to use on a trip the day after Christmas.
NICE

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We're meeting my sister in Chicago for dinner. She is flying in from London, will only be in town for about 15 hours. So dinner will be at the dining room in her hotel. My brother and his family will also be meeting up with us, so all 3 of us will be at Christmas dinner together. I think it will be nice just to have dinner together. Any restaurant will do. Christmas is more about the family than the decorations or the location of the meal.

At home we'll have a quiet and more traditional (but scaled down) Christmas dinner, on Saturday, and end up with 2 Christmas celebrations.

. . . Due to DOT regulations the main big screen with all the surround sound etc. won't play while the vehicle is in motion. . .
While I don't advocate it, there are plenty of ways around that problem that allow the system to play while in motion.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget the headphones for the kids Brent. I don't like having to listen to the movies or whatever the kids are doing.

I'm staying home. Mrs. Zoom and the kids are driving a few hundred miles to go visit her parents.

Muleman - watch the weather if/as you head South. Your southern route is expected to get a decent amount of ice on Friday.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, we have friends up from Tennessee right now and their farm has not had power since Saturday night. 17 inches of snow and I 81 is a total gridlock for the past 2 days. Hopefully they get it cleaned up today. They had over 500 cars to tow to get the road open. That is a beutiful drive down the Shenandoah valley unless the weather is bad. I came back from Florida that way on a motorcycle in the snow and sleet when I was young. Worst drive of my life with trucks passing me and I could not see a thing and wearing out my boots as pontoons.