• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

what is the best natural place you have visited

daedong

Its hard to pick but i think the most incredible spot (that's if you exterminated all the people) was Yosemite
Yosemite043.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Clovelly, Bideford- Devon-UK.

Those steps going down are easy.. it's getting back UP that will kill you.
:yum:

Attachments

• 1345478.jpg
    1345478.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 141

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yellowstone Park for me. But that may change as my wife wants to go to Niagara Falls yet this year.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tulum, Mexico. Truly breathtaking.
Tropical locales are nice, however-ancient towns and little places tucked away all across Europe are pretty neat Jim.

Getting back to the United Kingdom and steps, we did walk Jacob's Ladder ALL the way to the top at Cheddar Gorge, in Cheddar.

Bath is beautiful too. The thing I love most about England is that it's both still old yet new.

Where else can you go to a shopping mall and have a castle ruin right across the motorway, with cows grazing in the fields?
:smile:

Yes.. do post a pic of Meh-he-co.. that would be nice!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
There have been lots of places that have impressed me. Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon are both spectacular. Flying over the Sahara Desert was pretty impressive, the biggest damned bunker I have ever seen. Just the sheer size and emptiness of the place. Ayers Rock was worth seeing as was flying over the Great Barrier Reef. I don't know if you can call the Pyramids and the Sphynx natural places but I'm glad that I saw them and they had a spectacular light show.

What gets me is some of the places I could have gone but didn't for one reason or another.

Yellowstone: I worked in Wyoming for a couple of years and never made it there. I wasn't too interested in going during high summer when it's awash with tourists but I had a couple of friends who wanted to take me in there during the winter on snowmobiles through the "back door". I didn't do it because I knew the park service "frowned" on the practice but I should have gone in late spring or early fall. Maybe I can still make it.

Angel Falls, Venezuela: I was all set to take a helicopter ride to see the falls and spend the week-end at a lodge there until my boss called me back to work in Caracas because he felt "exposed" without me being there. I never got a second chance.

Machu Picchu, Peru: Again not a "natural place" but a "wanta see" in my book. I had passed through Cuzco in the high Andes several times and had it arranged on one of my trips to take the Inca Highway from Cuzco to Machu Picchu. It could have been the altitude of 10,000 feet but more likely was the local beer and food the night before but I got sick as a dog and didn't make it. There is an upside to this story though. The two guys I had arranged to go with got robbed on the way. So, although I spent 3 days sitting on the crapper and honking into the wash hand basin, at least I returned to Lima with my wallet, credit cards and watch.

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The drive from Anchorage to Homer,Alaska is one that stands out to me. Pikes peak in Colorado was nice also. Blue ridge parkway is a great drive also.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

The above pic was taken at a real nice place up where I go in the wintertime. It's a breathtaking view. I took the picture during one of our snowstorms.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think the most beautiful natural place we've been is going camping in the mtns. of SE Idaho in midsummer. Staying up until midnite and seeing all the stars in that clear mtn. air. People in cities and lower elevations have no idea how many stars are out there.
JMHO,
Mike

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The south island of NewZUK was pretty good, but the 'best' would be too hard to specify.

beach.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The sheer size of the Grand Canyon makes it my favorite.

There are several places in Hawaii that are incredible.

The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Painted Desert, Arches National Park... are also beautiful places.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The sheer size of the Grand Canyon makes it my favorite.

There are several places in Hawaii that are incredible.

The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Painted Desert, Arches National Park... are also beautiful places.

Those are nice places. Especially if you understand french.:whistling: