• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ..

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready?

Now pay attention....

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for

state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no

taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or

$7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at

a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per

month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has

$31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has 9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month,

or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist

insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country

every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for
scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes,

while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens... You are part of the problem

It's way PAST time to take a stand for America and America!

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ..

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready?

Now pay attention....

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for

state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no

taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or

$7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at

a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per

month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has

$31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has 9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month,

or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist

insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country

every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school.

Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for
scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes,

while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician that supports illegal aliens... You are part of the problem

It's way PAST time to take a stand for America and America!

OK, point well made, but a couple of things need correction.

1. JL may have taxes withheld from his check, but at tax time he has many deductions and may pay little or no state and federal taxes when he files.

2. Employers risk legal action if they hire JI unless he has a SSA card.

3. Regarding secondary schools, too much speculation here. The real documented discrepancy is that out of state students and out of country students get preference in state schools. Seen it with my own granddaughters.

4. JI can not get a car registered in most states unless he has proof of insurance.

With that said, I do not support anyone entering out country illegally.

jwstewar

OK, point well made, but a couple of things need correction.

1. JL may have taxes withheld from his check, but at tax time he has many deductions and may pay little or no state and federal taxes when he files.

2. Employers risk legal action if they hire JI unless he has a SSA card.

3. Regarding secondary schools, too much speculation here. The real documented discrepancy is that out of state students and out of country students get preference in state schools. Seen it with my own granddaughters.

4. JI can not get a car registered in most states unless he has proof of insurance.

With that said, I do not support anyone entering out country illegally.

I disagree with the others, but I will only "argue" 4. If everyone is required to carry insurance, why do I have to carry uninsured motorist insurance? Oh, that is right, because the lady that hit me last month didn't have insurance on her car registered in her name. So number 4 is gone.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I disagree with the others, but I will only "argue" 4. If everyone is required to carry insurance, why do I have to carry uninsured motorist insurance? Oh, that is right, because the lady that hit me last month didn't have insurance on her car registered in her name. So number 4 is gone.

A quick search on line turned up this statement from DMV.org:

State DMVs are on a mission to lower the number of uninsured drivers on the road, and requiring car insurance before registering a car is a major step in that direction. In most states, you'll need to verify your car insurance coverage in order to legally register your car or truck.

The two states I have lived in it is required to have insurance to register a car or truck.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
And a lot of people,including whites, get insurance, register the vehicle and then drop the insurance.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In Ohio you can register your car and all you do is sign the paper saying you will carry insurance on the vehicle. No proof of insurance needed.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
At the Michigan DMV offices, usually right next door, are scam insurance agencies that will get you an insurance card for only 39.95 a month.
Of course, you only need it for the first four hours or however long the line is at the DMV desk.

jwstewar

In Ohio you can register your car and all you do is sign the paper saying you will carry insurance on the vehicle. No proof of insurance needed.

That is exactly what I'm saying Doc. Even though it is required, Ohio doesn't really enforce it - unless you have insurance and drop it for whatever reason - in case you went to another carrier.

So I still stand by my statement that #4 is a bogus argument.