• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do our wives intentionally try to kill us?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Melen needs furniture for an apartment at law school. But law school is located 192 miles, and roughly 3 hours drive away from home.

So I come up with a brilliant (maybe not Einstein quality, but at very least logical) idea. Let's shop locally ONLY at stores that have a location near the law school and are willing to deliver to the apartment.

AND, says I (again being my typical brilliant self) since we do not take possession of the apartment until July, let's wait until the closer to the end of June to do the shopping.

We not only discussed this plan we collectively thought it made sense. So it was all agreed.

So does anyone want to guess what happened today :whistling: And I honestly thought they were going to the plant store to pick up garden plants :ermm:

Yup, the ladies in my life go shopping at some local stores that do not have a branch store or even deliver to the city where Melen's new law school is located. Needless to say that I objected when they started TEXTing me the details of their plan.

PLAN:
  • Buy locally to get sale prices (because apparently furniture is never on sale at chain stores?)
  • Rent a storage unit to store the furniture.
  • Rent a U-Haul truck to move the furniture.
  • Hire some guys to cart the furniture up the flights of stairs to the 3rd floor apartment.

So let's make the wild presumption that they could get smoking hot deals and save $750 over what we could get from chain stores.

• Truck costs $340 (her number)
  • Storage unit $200 per month (she gave me that number, I didn't argue)
  • 2 guys to lift & carry = $80/hour from a service (again, she gave me the $)
  • Gas for truck = $50

Did I mention we need the storage unit for 2 months? So double that price.

Quick math of expenses = $870

Can any of the ladies of this forum explain to me how losing $$$ makes sense? Or how having expend my time and my labor to load and then unload a storage unit, plus load a truck, and then drive said truck 3 hours is worth nothing to me?

The good news is they did NOT actually buy anything today.

But seriously do women intentionally try to kill off their husbands? Is this a real thing? Or is it just me and am I that special that I need to meet an untimely demise at such a tender age?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Aint love grand?

Well that's just it, I love my wife & daughter but what was discussed made so much sense.

What almost happened today made no sense. At least not to me. I'm honestly confused how things could spin so far out of control.

We just barely dodged this bullet because they had second thoughts about committing to the purchase. But just barely.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
They just want to float the balloon by you to see the reaction. Kinda like Trump and his tweets with the MSM.
Mike

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I have absolutely no constructive comment to add to this thread apart from, "Bob, suffer, suffer, suffer".

Melsdad, don't fight it, just go with the flow. Believe me, it'll be much easier and less painful in the long run. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The Black Widow and the Praying Mantis kill their mates. I don't think it's over furniture tho

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
When I open this thread I get a Budget Rent-A-Van advertisement at the top of the page. Coincidence .... I think NOT!!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I open this thread I get a Budget Rent-A-Van advertisement at the top of the page. Coincidence .... I think NOT!!!!

Nobody likes a smart ass :hammer:

The Black Widow and the Praying Mantis kill their mates. I don't think it's over furniture tho

Are you sure? :yum:

The girls are going furniture shopping this evening. To a store that has a branch location within a few miles of Melen's future apartment. Apparently something sunk in?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The girls are going furniture shopping this evening. To a store that has a branch location within a few miles of Melen's future apartment. Apparently something sunk in?

Aha, there is hope after all. This whole situation would have driven me insane.

I tip my hat to your level of self control. Contrary to what what some may think here, I am actually an easy guy to get along with, but when the rubber meets the road, my wife has always said there is a certain look in my eye when I really mean something. I do believe I would have had that look in this situation. :yum:

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
OH, the joys of being single........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Melensdad, you sure did give me a great laugh tonight though....:yum::yum::yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Turns out that last evening was better than hoped. The did NOT go furniture shopping after their workout at the Y. They came home without spending any money.

But their NEW plans include ONLY shopping at stores that will deliver furniture to Melen's new apartment.

And everyone is happy.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob,

I have really tried to feel sympathy for your situation but frankly this whole adventure with women shopping, and expecting sensibility, is nothing.

IMHO,,,; Your frustration meter is set far to sensitive for a man who wants to stay married.

If you want frustration, try working with one woman on a DIY home remodel. My wife and I have been doing our current home for the last 40 years. Were it not for single malt scotch, one of us would be dead by now.

Remember rule number one about men and women...;
Behind every angry woman there stands a man, who has absolutely no idea of what it was he did wrong.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bourbon works well for me. Preferably high proof.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
If you want frustration, try working with one woman on a DIY home remodel. My wife and I have been doing our current home for the last 40 years. Were it not for single malt scotch, one of us would be dead by now.

My God, there is more than one of us.

Not in the same home for 40 years, but every home has been a remodel project. Been married 35 this year and I do not believe I have had 1 month in that entire time that we weren't renovating something, moving a wall, moving plumbing, and on and on.

You are lucky; scotch by itself does it for you.
I need scotch, a cuban, and a really big toy or two to take my mind off it sometime.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My God, there is more than one of us.

Not in the same home for 40 years, but every home has been a remodel project. Been married 35 this year and I do not believe I have had 1 month in that entire time that we weren't renovating something, moving a wall, moving plumbing, and on and on.

You are lucky; scotch by itself does it for you.
I need scotch, a cuban, and a really big toy or two to take my mind off it sometime.

I tried a Cuban. But my wife found out and sent her packing.:unsure:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Doing crap.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
poor guys-- yins have no choice-- women have a way of winning-- i'm a she, & have yet to figure how i get my male pals to buy me tampons, lip tint, body wash in ocean breeze scent, & hair shimmer that enhances my vampire redd tresses--

well, wait, my dear pal-- he's is so proud that he has a female that still uses tampax, he displays them-- openly-- he places them where he would generally get a ticket--

Last edited:

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
SOOO glad my wife isn't like that... but then again she doesn't want to go get her DL renewed that expired in July much less furniture shopping... My SISTER though... is exactly like this. She ended up marrying my best friend 3 years ago and the stories of the shit she pulls is endless. Bad part of the whole situation is that he and I have been best friends for ages and well she's my sister so I am caught in the middle of EVERY spat. And those two get pissed off at the dumbest stuff....

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
poor guys-- yins have no choice-- women have a way of winning-- i'm a she, & have yet to figure how i get my male pals to buy me tampons, lip tint, body wash in ocean breeze scent, & hair shimmer that enhances my vampire redd tresses--

well, wait, my dear pal-- he's is so proud that he has a female that still uses tampax, he displays them-- openly-- he places them where he would generally get a ticket--

btw, he often buys me those things-- he usually gets 'em wrong, tho-- i say tampons; he brings me depends; i say liptint; he brings me a beet & says they made his lips purple, once; i say a bottle of dial body wash in ocean breeze; he dials me to say he's in florida catching an ocean breeze in a bottle; then he books me an appointment w/ my stylist if i mention tinting those tresses-
i ought say i need a sugaring, to see if he brings me sugar, rather than book an appointment
sincerely, my best pal hides during my brow sugaring & pretends to be reading--

i'd have plain 'ol bought tampons, liptint, a bottle of body wash, & hair tint-- he seems to panic- noooo-- he does panic, if one of us needs a she-item--

Last edited: