• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New ride

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Got delivered today. The blue one was my grampas before he passed away in 2007. It was roughly 12 years old then. So we talked to an agency last week that specializes in getting people back to doing the things they used to before an injury. They've also got a power lift on order for the back of the vehicle so I can easily load it up and take it shopping or on outings that I would have otherwise missed out on. It'll also come in handy on our trip next month when we go to the zoo or other places that require a lot of walking.

f43a3ae5516c90f403a0ca11cdb7d948.jpg
42e083250b9e9974ee7d9e1c6f393946.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. What happened to the golf cart you just re-cond?
Still have the golf cart. It's out at camp though. This is for in town. So I can attend social functions with my family. Go shopping. Etc. Now we can go as a family with the bikes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
This is all covered by my insurance so why not take advantage.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the new one is more comfortable. Does it have a longer range too?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got delivered today. The blue one was my grampas before he passed away in 2007. It was roughly 12 years old then. So we talked to an agency last week that specializes in getting people back to doing the things they used to before an injury. They've also got a power lift on order for the back of the vehicle so I can easily load it up and take it shopping or on outings that I would have otherwise missed out on. It'll also come in handy on our trip next month when we go to the zoo or other places that require a lot of walking.

f43a3ae5516c90f403a0ca11cdb7d948.jpg
42e083250b9e9974ee7d9e1c6f393946.jpg

Can it pop a wheelie?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Can't pop a wheelie but cruises along fast enough that the steering is very touchy and can send me flying off the sidewalk if I'm not carefull. The new one is about the same length as the old one but a bit wider. The tires are the same size. They say about 30km range but that's also dependant on how fast you're going, how much you weigh, etc... I took it this morning to bring my son (he was on his bike) to the dentist about a mile away. It did very well.

When they took me down to the health care store last week the original plan was to get a small scooter that could compact up easily for travelling. Once they saw me fold in half to get on the thing they quickly realized I would need something bigger. I tried out several both inside and out. There was one I was really liking but found it a little long and harder to turn in tight spaces. I still can't get over the prices on these things. Just the ramp lift is over 5k. The scooter is also over 5k.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats and good luck with it. Man, that wreck is sure having long lasting impact on your daily life. So sorry about that Brian. Best wishes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats and good luck with it. Man, that wreck is sure having long lasting impact on your daily life. So sorry about that Brian. Best wishes.
Thanks. Yes. It has been a journey. Sucks to say the least. I can no longer do many of the things I used to but I'm slowly coming to terms with it.

It's different for someone who ages over time and slowly loses abilities. Or someone born to a wheel chair. That's all they've ever known.

Some days it's a struggle to get out of bed and I can usually predict how my day will go based on my first few steps. It's downright depressing at times when I'm in so much pain all I can do is sit there and stare out the window. Sometimes I sit down and realize the remote control is sitting across the room but I'm in too much pain to get up and get it so I'll sit there for hours. It's like I woke up and suddenly aged 50 years.