• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lumber prices going up ...

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Just checked Lumber prices for my latest Apartment project . Lumber across the board is going up as is sheetrock ,Electrical , plumbing , paint , windows , doors and anything else connected to the trade .
It figures ....... Housing has never really rebounded and somehow materials cost keep going up .
I will pull a full material list and have the different lumber yards bid for my project . That should drive the price back down some .

Last time it saved me 25% over contractor cost !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
What really sucks is that timber prices are down.

Ain't that the truth !!!! The price for stumpage has actually gone down over the years . It just because of better logging practices that a logger can even make a living . With that being said he still is never going to get rich . Working 16-18 hours a day to feed your family is insane !! Loggers are a proud group and have my total respect .!

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Allen here it's 60 bucks a sheet for 1/4 inch ply wood and over a hundred for 3/4 inch

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Allen here it's 60 bucks a sheet for 1/4 inch ply wood and over a hundred for 3/4 inch
:w00t2:
If I lived there , my home would be at least 6'-8' into the ground . Only the roof would be above ground level .Everything in concrete .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

That's only four times what we are paying here in St Louis.

I have also noticed low inventories on everything. Sometimes I cannot get enough material for a project "off the shelf"

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What really sucks is that timber prices are down.

Not in East Texas. I had my 60 acres of trees thinned out about 3 weeks ago. According to the guy that does out cutting, prices have been steadily coming back over the last 3 years, slowly but steadily. It was a nice little check. :clap::clap::clap:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure it's Bush's fault. It can't have anything to do with the porch monkey in the White House.:whistling:

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
According to the guy that does out cutting, prices have been steadily coming back over the last 3 years, slowly but steadily.

Pine pulpwood really has done well lately but the big pine trees just aren't worth cutting right now. Somehow I managed to time it just right and last sold a lot of pine sawtimber for $41 a ton in 2006. Right now it is $24 a ton. I will have some more ready to cut in 2016 but certainly won't cut it if prices haven't rebounded.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Pine pulpwood really has done well lately but the big pine trees just aren't worth cutting right now. Somehow I managed to time it just right and last sold a lot of pine sawtimber for $41 a ton in 2006. Right now it is $24 a ton. I will have some more ready to cut in 2016 but certainly won't cut it if prices haven't rebounded.

I'd have to pull the receipts to see exactly what I got paid but it was a nice little windfall. Our next cut will be the clearing cut but that's a few years off and it'll depend on the weather. The drought here a couple of years ago put the trees under a lot of stress.