• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thermador fridge q's

grizzer

Is a premium 84" fridge really better quality durability wise. $8k for a fridge without ice & water seems a bit much. Does it last 3x longer?

Also a Thermador gas stove with an electric oven that much better for baking? Is a dual fuel really the cats meow?

I'm a beer & pizza cook so need some educating

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is a premium 84" fridge really better quality durability wise. $8k for a fridge without ice & water seems a bit much. Does it last 3x longer?

Also a Thermador gas stove with an electric oven that much better for baking? Is a dual fuel really the cats meow?

I'm a beer & pizza cook so need some educating

I've got 2 refigerators, both 20 years old. One with ice and water, one with neither. Both still run good. The deluxe less then $1000, the other a Sears scratch and dent special @ $300.

So I'd say not to me it isn't

I changed out an electric range for gas, worth the bucks. For me an oven is an oven.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I can't say, but the wife, who is a great cook, wanted a giant built in Jenn-Air fridge and a 48" gas/electric JennAir range. So there is something to the two of them. So long as she keeps cooking, I'll get her whatever she wants. She must have her reasons, right?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't say, but the wife, who is a great cook, wanted a giant built in Jenn-Air fridge and a 48" gas/electric JennAir range. So there is something to the two of them. So long as she keeps cooking, I'll get her whatever she wants. She must have her reasons, right?

Is JennAir still around?

Maytag bought them and went bust. Last time I needed parts for mine, it was an issue..

Sorry for the thread drift... :sad:

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Is JennAir still around?

Maytag bought them and went bust. Last time I needed parts for mine, it was an issue..

Sorry for the thread drift... :sad:

Regards, Kirk

Whirlpool has owned Jenn air for many years. Whirlpool Bought maytag a few years back.
Whirlpool is headquartered about a mile from my place in St Joe. They also have an outlet store.
They also built an annex across the river from us. They are a very big part of our town.
Surprised about the parts. Did you try appliancepartspros.com?

grizzer

I know Electrolux tried to buy GE Appliances & failed Chinese Haier did buy them for $5.4B.

I was looking at a remodeled house & it had these monster appliances fitted. I did learn that the big fridges are installed on site they are not a slide in affair.

the Thermador fridge does not have a water & ice in the door option.

The house is a bit overpriced for the neighborhood but with the market unwinding the builder at some point will get tired of looking at the expense and sell.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Whirlpool has owned Jenn air for many years. Whirlpool Bought maytag a few years back.
Whirlpool is headquartered about a mile from my place in St Joe. They also have an outlet store.
They also built an annex across the river from us. They are a very big part of our town.
Surprised about the parts. Did you try appliancepartspros.com?

I stand corrected!
Whirlpool bought Maytag in 2006. I was under the impression Maytag was bought just a few years back. The outlet store guy set me straight.