• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learnin

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
CNN legal analyst Areva Martin accuses David Webb of ‘white privilege’ before learning he’s black
By Brian Flood | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...-of-white-privilege-before-learning-hes-black

Video link:https://video.foxnews.com/v/5989782240001/

It was a rough day for author and CNN legal analyst Areva Martin on Tuesday.

Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of “white privilege” during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news.

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black,” Webb said.

The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

A dumbfounded Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

The Fox Nation host then explained that he was actually black.

“I stand corrected,” Martin said.

Webb scolded Martin for running with an “assumption" and she then blamed her team for providing inaccurate information.

“That’s actually insulting,” Webb said.

“It is and I apologize,” Martin replied. “I was given wrong information.”

Martin’s spokesperson declined a request for comment.

Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter at @briansflood.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
...and today John Kasich (former governor of Ohio) joined the CNN team as a special commentator. :pat: He'll fit right in there.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Changing the subject a little, but the voters in Utah got quite a surprise by electing Romney.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Changing the subject a little, but the voters in Utah got quite a surprise by electing Romney.
Mike

The informed voter knew what a phony, lazy, globalist, RHINO deep state puke he is. As usual, it comes down to somebody like him or a DemonCrap. Take your pick.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
People like martin get so wound up in their agenda facts don't really matter until they get called on their BS.
Mike