• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

An easy solution to get the border wall built?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As I understand it, our government spends $185 billion on foreign aid every year. Some of this has gone to other countries (like Israel) to build their border walls.

Instead of fighting over $5 billion to build a wall across the southern USA, why not have Mexico build it on their northern border? We could then pay them with foreign aid $. It's going to take thousands of workers so put the Mexicans to work building it which then negates their position of coming to the USA for work.

Piece of cake!

Bamby

If only it could be so simple. Ever heard of the "Bacon-Davis Act"? It's a federal law that requires prevailing wage be paid to all workers in a public works project. I don't think anyone's going to allow this kind of generosity and allow these jobs to escape American business interests. Plus there is also a chance that Mexican business interests may have a difficult time filling the jobs with qualified applicants at prevailing Mexican wages.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If congress don't allow the funds to build it then why not make Trumps prediction come true? Give Mexico extra in foreign aid and then they can pay us to build the wall. Good thinking BC.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If only it could be so simple. Ever heard of the "Bacon-Davis Act"? It's a federal law that requires prevailing wage be paid to all workers in a public works project. I don't think anyone's going to allow this kind of generosity and allow these jobs to escape American business interests. Plus there is also a chance that Mexican business interests may have a difficult time filling the jobs with qualified applicants at prevailing Mexican wages.
Our current government allows Foreign workers to enter our nation after which some of our cities and states invite them to take the American jobs.

….jobs Americans won't do and some they would like. Something wrong with that concept don't you think? So these same folks have no foundation on which to stand and complain if we provide foreign aid with the stipulation of building the wall.

That said, I'm not sure it is a good idea. It would be the same as asking the Russians to build our air defense system. Or the Israelis asking Palestinians to build their wall.

A wall BTW, that is in place and actually works

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

I seriously doubt it. He has discretionary funds already available in the military budget.

This item from the daily Mail is pure speculation. It is a precursor story to place a canard strawman before the public to infer an attempt by the President to steal funds from "the poor needy folks" of California and Puerto Rico.

The media tried this same stunt before with Trump and Puerto Rico. Adding California to the narrative is convenient, and frankly, lazy journalism.