• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

These guys can fly!!!!

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
firebomberls9-1.jpg

HdytAJzooEuxapeyptT0cw2.jpg

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Not only can they fly,but have balls of steel for still flying some of the older planes that should be retired,if i remember correctly, some of the old planes have had structural failures to the wings,and some great pilots have been lost.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
The ww2 fire bombers are all but gone now.

The yellow airplane is a new design and manufacture, a Bombardier CL 415. I can't tell what the smaller photo is, but I think is a P2 Neptune, old but not ancient.

Yes some very good pilot driving these planes.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yep. P2 Neptune in the first picture. I just googled an image of one and found a close up of the same plane on the ground.

Fox-firebase-aero_union-N716AU-030724-01adj.jpg

The second is a CL415. Here's a video of one in action.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVXACaeucJo"]Canadian CL-415 Water bomber puts out traffic accident - YouTube[/ame]

I had the pleasure of getting a tour of the inside of one.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Second picture, if real, is illegal activity for a pilot but still fun.

I believe that 2nd picture is from another country . Read the name on the back of the fire fighter . If they got stuck behind the fire line that plane may be their only hope .

They are making one big mistake .

With that plane coming in hard and fast , you should lie down on your belly facing the plane with your arms protecting your head and helping keep your helmet on . Water or retardant has a lot of force and will knock a man on his ass in that situation .