• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Introducing myself

weidner01

Hello,
I would like to take a minute to introduce myself as I am new to this forum. I was told that this is a great source for snocat info and a group of very nice people by one of your members,4trackcat.
I am the owner of a 1971 Tucker 442 that I am going to restore. I am also in to old tractors ( mostly farmall) as well as an Oliver OC4 crawler along with a couple of Cletrac crawlers (I like tracks). I also like vintage snowmobiles and one of my daughter's and I have a team of oxen that we trained and use in shows, plowing events and historical events.
I am looking forward to learning more about my Tucker here, as well as other cats( I really like the Thiokol Sprytes) and thank you for letting me be in this forum.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! Love to see some pics of your equipment. ;)

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome James (saw your post on the Facebook Snowcat page). Plenty of great info to glean here.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome. Nice to have more east coast folk.

Start a thread for your cat and we love pictures.

Is this the Abernaki Tucker?

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. I'm not a snowcatter, I live in Texas, but I do read all the threads and find them interesting. New faces are always welcome.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Welcome Weidner01. Glad you found your way to this forum. These trackaddicts are a wealth of information and good banter. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the restoration of your 442!

weidner01

Thank you all for the welcoming replies. please excuse my shortcomings in knowledge about how to post and reply correctly here. I wanted to reply to you all individually but not quite sure how to do it. I will keep trying I promise! I will also figure out how to post some pics for you on a thread. Thanks for the patience!

weidner01

Welcome. Nice to have more east coast folk.

Start a thread for your cat and we love pictures.

Is this the Abernaki Tucker?

Track addict, I will try to get some more pics on here. Not familiar with the Abernaki Tucker but I'm fairly sure I bought this from you. unless there is another guy into Tuckers in Haverhill?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That must be the Groveland Tucker then.

Davenet has a sibling, I have a partial sibling, the 443 sibling was stolen from
Madison NH and never seen again.

Mark Sold it to you. Im across the river few miles.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
welcome aboard.

We can start the Oxen track platform with this as a prototype!!!!

:th_lmao:

Attachments

• 4888389213_ab5dec7903_b.jpg
    4888389213_ab5dec7903_b.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 210

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Thank you all for the welcoming replies. please excuse my shortcomings in knowledge about how to post and reply correctly here. I wanted to reply to you all individually but not quite sure how to do it. I will keep trying I promise! I will also figure out how to post some pics for you on a thread. Thanks for the patience!

It's easy to post pics using the tapatalk app on your phone. There are other ways as well. If you would like me to post a couple for you, let me know.

weidner01

His other Tucker was an 80’s pre terra. Was for sale not sure if it sold?

Ok, that makes sense now you say that because it was in Groveland that I picked it up, it's like the Tucker capital of Mass isn't it. My wife's from Groveland and were down there occasionally visiting family, maybe I could check out your cat some point.
He did have a Terra but it wasn't for sale at the time.

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice job on the photos. Does it have the overhead cam Jeep straight six? ( The sno-cat, not the oxen)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Those oxen bring me back. My grandfather used to log with oxen back in the 40s. I have a picture somewhere of him and his oxen pulling out a tree that measures 8 ft across the base of the tree. Back then, they'd haul out 2 to 3 trees in a day to the lumber mill.

Canadian eh!!!

weidner01

Welcome to the forum. Those oxen bring me back. My grandfather used to log with oxen back in the 40s. I have a picture somewhere of him and his oxen pulling out a tree that measures 8 ft across the base of the tree. Back then, they'd haul out 2 to 3 trees in a day to the lumber mill.

Canadian eh!!!
I would love to see that pic if! you find it. Lots of oxen in Canada, usually use head yokes strapped to the horns while in New England it's neck yokes