• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CNN’s Jim Acosta Unwittingly Proves Trump’s Point About Value of Border Walls

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
CNN’s Jim Acosta Unwittingly Proves Trump’s Point About Value of Border Walls
Posted by Mike LaChance Friday, January 11, 2019 at 7:00am

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/...oint-about-value-of-border-walls/#more-270598

“as a matter of fact, it’s pretty tranquil down here”

CNN’s Jim Acosta took a break from being a nuisance in the White House press briefing room this week to prove how ridiculous Trump is for suggesting there is a crisis on the southern border. In one of the most epic and unaware self-owns in media history, he ended up making Trump’s point eloquently.

Acosta visited McAllen, Texas, an area where the border is protected by a gigantic steel fence and pointed out that there was no crisis there at all.

Brian Flood reports at FOX News:

CNN’s Jim Acosta mocked for accidentally proving that border walls work

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi might want to confiscate someone’s selfie stick.

CNN’s Jim Acosta was mocked across social media on Thursday for posting a video that was meant to downplay President Trump’s claims of a border crisis — but ended up supporting his argument that border barriers improve security.

“Here are some of the steel slats that the president’s been talking about,” Acosta said while reporting from the southern border. “But as we’re walking along here, we’re not seeing any kind of imminent danger.”

The CNN reporter added, “There are no migrants trying to rush toward this fence.”

Acosta then declared there was “no sign of the national emergency that the president has been talking about” and it was “tranquil” near him. He captioned the video, “I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today.”

See the video in Acosta’s tweet below:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Acosta/s...ves-trumps-point-about-value-of-border-walls/

Jim Acosta
@Acosta
I found some steel slats down on the border. But I don’t see anything resembling a national emergency situation.. at least not in the McAllen TX area of the border where Trump will be today.

His work earned him a thank you from White House press secretary Sarah Sanders:

Sarah Sanders
@PressSec
When I went with President
@realDonaldTrump
to the border today I never imagined
@Acosta
would be there doing our job for us and so clearly explaining why WALLS WORK. Thanks Jim!

Congressman Steve Scalise also got in on the action:

Steve Scalise
@SteveScalise
Glad to see the steel slats are deterring illegal immigrants from attempting to cross the border exactly as
@realDonaldTrump
said they would. This is why we need to #BuildTheWall along the rest of our southern border. #WallsWork

Even Trump trolled Acosta over this:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Dear Diary...
Quote Tweet
Jim Acosta
@Acosta
The steel slats don’t run the entire length of the border in the McAllen area. We found one part where there is a chain link fence. Occasionally migrants come thru but residents say their community is quite safe.

Is Jim Acosta secretly working on Trump’s behalf? It sure looks that way.

Featured image via YouTube.

Attachments

• 6BDC1F4B-5A62-4989-A0DA-21F624D76D67.jpeg
    6BDC1F4B-5A62-4989-A0DA-21F624D76D67.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 24

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd like to buy acosta for what he's worth and sell him for what he and CNN thinks he's worth.
Mike