• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CAMPAIGN 2012: Obama uses daughters to sell 'America that I envision'...

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You might wat to have a barf bag handy for this one .:doh: Interesting comments at the link though . :wink:

http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=15&subcatid=52&threadid=5177270
Mar. 8, 2011 - 7:56 PM EST​

h2.large, p.large, ul.large {font-size: 1.5em;} h2.small, p.small, ul.small {font-size: .9em;} h2.smaller, p.smaller, ul.smaller {font-size: 0.8em;} BOSTON FUNDRAISER: President Obama addressed a group of 152 Democratic donors at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. The walls were lined with enormous original oil portraits from the 16th century and guests are seated around about 24 round tables.

Obama was introduced by Rep. Ed Markey, who called Obama the “true fulfillment” of JFK and Martin Luther King Jr.’s dream for America.

In welcoming Nancy Pelosi, Obama called her “someone who’s going to go down as one of the greatest Speakers in our history: Nancy Pelosi.”

“When the rubble had cleared, when the dust had settled. This country was going through as touch a time economically, as tough a time financially, as any period since the 1930s,” Obama said..
His administration “had to make a series of quick decisions, and often times unpopular decisions,” Obama said.

In those times, Obama said, there would have been a temptation to “resort to the expedient.”

“That’s why when I say, Nancy is going to go down as one of our finest speakers… I mean what I say,” Obama continued.

“Not only were we able to yank this economy out of the recession,” Obama said.

“Not only were we able to get this economy going again, that in the last 15 months we’ve seen the economy add jobs…but under Nancy’s leadership we were able to achieve historic health care legislation that over the last 15, 20 years will end up benefiting millions of families across the country… we were able to get “don’t ask, don’t’ tell” repealed,” he continued, adding that Congress expand our investments in clean energy, made the largest investments in infrastructure and the largest investments in education in years.

“We didn’t just rescue the economy we put it on the strongest footing for the future,” Obama said.

“And along the way we saved the auto industry and a few other things,” he quipped, to some laughter from the crowd.

Obama went over a kept promise to end combat in Iraq, and reduce the country’s military commitment in Afghanistan. He said that it was because of leaders like Rep. Steve Israel, Nancy Pelosi, and Ed Markey, that those things were able to happen.

“Here’s the good news, because of these historic efforts, we are now turning the corner,” Obama said.

“There will be cases when democratic constituencies aren’t happy with us because we have to rationalize government,” Obama said, responding to criticism about some of his own cuts.

But he says that government will have to continue investing in education in order to make it possible for kids to receive a good tech based education like the students at TechBoston Academy get every day.

Obama says that America should not be about the “haves and the have-nots.”

“That’s not the America that I envision for Malia and Sasha,” Obama said. “And so we’re going to have a lot of work to do.”

Calling for Democrats and Republicans to put fighting aside, Obama quips: “I was born in Hawaii, what can I say. I can’t change those facts.”

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
So now the affirmative action non-commander in chief is going to parade his untouchables out for a tender moment?

Hypocrite. He's so fired...