• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Triumph Explorer

SShepherd

So, this "little" bike decided to follow me home last week

002-18.jpg

1200cc, 135hp triple

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
So, this "little" bike decided to follow me home last week

1200cc, 135hp triple
Hey, neat bike Shepherd! I've had several Triumph's over the years, mostly in my younger years. Have fun, wear your helmet and watch out for the other guy!

SShepherd

My other bike is a electraglide with a 103ci "stroker", about 110hp.

I'm tired of washing it everytime I ride it....reminds me of an old girlfriend

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kewl bike. :thumb:
I didn't know triumph was still making bikes. My first bike was a triumph 250. It was a 70's model. Leaked oil like crazy. But fun to ride.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thing looks pretty moderen all the triumphs i have seen were the older models and like my bultaco the shifters were all on the wrong side

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one I was just looking at

2011_triumph_tiger_800_xc.jpg

but the one I have.

2011_Kawasaki_KLR650_Blue_4999_00_c7b1b8c6bd5ee7eb8b3e_1.jpg

The KLR650 is the jeep of motorcycles
but that tiger is smooooooth !

SShepherd

and quick...

did I mention I'm the 1st and only one in 7 states to own one currently (and probably for another 4 weeks)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Kewl bike. :thumb:
I didn't know triumph was still making bikes. My first bike was a triumph 250. It was a 70's model. Leaked oil like crazy. But fun to ride.

Me too Doc. It was a 200cc Triumph Tiger Cub. It was black and silver. In fact I think that was the only two colors it came in. Had a lot of fun on that little machine.

grizzer

COOL

I just read the comparisons to Honda VFR overpowered & overweight, another Jap unrefined, a Goose I think - nonstarter... and the long running high priced gold standard BMW GS (I have one)

The consensus was Triumph is a winner...

SShepherd

COOL

I just read the comparisons to Honda VFR overpowered & overweight, another Jap unrefined, a Goose I think - nonstarter... and the long running high priced gold standard BMW GS (I have one)

The consensus was Triumph is a winner...
I looked at the GS. Seat was too high, and I didn't care for the motor.

I actually looked at the Ducati multistrada...decided it was a bit more than I needed

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Cool looking bike. Reminds me a little of the 'staempunk' style.

Still have my 1970 Triumph Trophy 500 but it hasn't run in years. Insert warm beer joke *here* :yum:

That's more HP than my car has !!!!