• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

E85 Again

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah I can't find the thread I was looking for so I thought it would just easier to ask.

The pickup I currently am driving allows me to use E85. I am not looking to start a debate on E85 but was looking for what I thought someone posted a calculator that told you when E85 was the better deal. My pickup based on my calculations gets around 5 miles less per gallon. That is being conservative and maybe as high as 8 miles different. My testing is not very extensive.

I am sure I take a Excel spread sheet and figure it out but I thought someone had already made one and is out on the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
cost per gallon divided by MPG. Whichever is cheaper is usually the better deal.

That made it too simple. I was making it out to be more than what it was. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

E85 is not the best deal for me at this time but closer than I thought.

Thanks Lobo.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Even the 10% they started having at our local pumps drops my mileage by4 mpg in the Prius. The other day it was plain regular and it jumped up to 52-55 mpg over 215 miles that we drove.