• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My daughter is the Valedictorian of her high school!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You ought to buy one of those Mahindra dealerships and sell their diesel pickups. It's my understanding that they have cleared most hurdles and will be hitting our shores soon.

I'm supposed to be retired :hammer:

Despite my cigar lounges and some real estate holdings, I really am not into the whole concept of working again. Did my time in the minefields. Now its my time and my family time that is more important.

BTW, put a little diesel in a Ford Ranger and I think that would be an awesome little vehicle too. Ditto a Jeep, I think a Jeep with lots of torque offered by a diesel would excel as an off road vehicle. And that little Ford work truck they are importing from Turkey, that would be awesome with a diesel.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Okay, I didn't expect this. After my daughter's graduation party I have begun the process of completing the zipline. One item failed that sort of surprised me. The 10' section of 1945 railroad track buried in the ground 5' with at least 2 yards of concrete around it has bent. :eek:

With a little scratching around with the excavator, the concrete base didn't move but the 5' portion of the track above the ground bent by about 6". That's quite a bend. I know RR track isn't made for structural purposes, but I thought a reasonably short section would be pretty strong. After all, it's been hardened based on the loud "ring" it emits when struck by a hammer.

Anyway, a rather long section of 12" I beam has been buried and concreted rather heavily at a point that will give me a 30 degree angle for a supporting cable with another turnbuckle. Once the concrete hardens (I'll give it a week - plenty of other things to do), I'll attach the cabling and turnbuckle and pull the section of track back in place with my excavator. I should be able to then just tighten the turnbuckle by hand until tight and then slowly let the pressure off from the excavator. If not, I'll pull it back and twist on the turnbuckle. One way or another it will hold. I just didn't want to have to have something else to mow around, but it seems inevitable.