• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Adding to my Fig trees

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
These are three new rooted cuttings. I rooted the Brunswick last fall; the LSU Purple and Petite Negri were given to me recently.

Attachments

• Brunswicksmall.jpg
    Brunswicksmall.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 20
  • LSU_Purplel.jpg
    LSU_Purplel.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 21
  • Petite_Negrismall.jpg
    Petite_Negrismall.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 20

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thought I would try my hand at air layering to make some additional trees.
These are pictures of some plastic liners I bought at a nursery supply outlet. Slit them down one side and to the center of the bottom, then cut a hole the approximate size of the target branch in the center. Hopefully this will hold enough of my rooting mixture to allow adequate roots to form, and keep it moist enough after being wrapped with saran wrap and foil.

Attachments

• Liner1.jpg
    Liner1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Liner2.jpg
    Liner2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 20

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
There was one small branch on this newly purchased Kadota that looked like it would work.

Attachments

• Kadota1.jpg
    Kadota1.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Kadota2.jpg
    Kadota2.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Kadota3.jpg
    Kadota3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 22

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And this LSU Gold has a couple of prospects. I believe this is the fourth year here for this tree.
I've read of air layering and several different methods but this is new for me. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• LSU_Gold1.jpg
    LSU_Gold1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 24
  • LSU_Gold2.jpg
    LSU_Gold2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 21
  • LSU_Gold3.jpg
    LSU_Gold3.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 24