• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yesterday was 61 degrees and sunny. Spent the day outside washing my truck, breaking up some ice and pressure washing the deck.

Today, it is 27 degrees, snowing and windy. With all this roller coaster weather, it is no small wonder everybody isn't sick. Today, I will be a slug, drink hot chocolate and watch movies. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My brother rolled his truck on the way home from work this morning.
I've been on the phone with my sister in law and niece to get updates.
His head took a good hit on the right side, he's got lacerations to his ear, and is very sore.
If he's admitted I'll go visit later.
What a thing to wake up to.
FB_IMG_1552747068718.jpg

FB_IMG_1552747084319.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad he is okay, and apparently, from the looks of the truck, he was wearing his seatbelt. Good for him.

Wife and I have been laboring in the remodeled basement. Contractor finished up yesterday. Now our job is to move all our crap back into place from where it was being stored. Major undertaking. The room looks as bad or worse now with stuff sitting about enroute to it's final location. Fun fun.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a semi busy day after a sleepless night. Ever since I had the hernia surgery my guts are a twisted mess. I'm eating less and get that bloated feeling on a regular basis. So I got up this morning and headed to the church for our monthly mens breakfast. Then came home and rested for a couple hours before heading back to the church to set up and play the service with my band "The Ambassadors". If my wife can keep her hands off my hot body tonight, perhaps I'll get some sleep.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Still trying to recover from the Kidney infection. Sore as hell in the lower back. My spine being out the Doctor set it more than once only to have the pain return within an hour. No appetite. Fever goes up at night and down in the day time.

I finally figured out the issue. I have had a small hernia in my belly button since I was born. It gives my kids a laugh 'cause it makes my belly button a smiley face. Every once in a while it strangulates, I pop it back in, and go on.

Didn't see it or feel it. The kids noticed it was different.:unsure:

Strangulation has been there for two days. Doesn't seem to have any necrosis. We shall see. But the Eagle has landed.:shitHitFan: Everything works.:clap: Fever is down. Things are just sore.

Thanks for all the support and well meaning advice.:thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If you don't have problems with the hernia, don't get it fixed. I got the mesh with both of mine. Every few days my guts feel like they're tied and I can barely eat. I have to really watch what I do now as certain twisting will cause severe abdominal burning.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If you don't have problems with the hernia, don't get it fixed. I got the mesh with both of mine. Every few days my guts feel like they're tied and I can barely eat. I have to really watch what I do now as certain twisting will cause severe abdominal burning.

Canadian eh!!!
I have avoided it for 72 years. I ,may well take that advice

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting my "06 Chrysler Crossfire out of mothballs today. It needs a new top so that happens later this week.

Next, the weather is grand today. So, the granddaughter's bicycle needs to be assembled. The grandson gets a new bike for his birthday March 6th. Now that I am well, we can go pick one out. I hope he buys assembled off the rack.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Helped my neighbor cut and load the last of a tree that came crashing down last week. Rather, he cut and I and the tractor loaded.

We're having all the terrazzo floors sanded and refinished starting tomorrow. Three guys showed up to move all the big furniture out to a POD parked in the driveway. All the little stuff is in the living room, the kitchen and my shop. They did the big stuff and the wife and I did the little stuff. To be honest, she had most of the little stuff done already. The house is now officially unlivable. The kitchen is still usable after a fashion and I can weave my way through to my chair and TV.

Got the motor home ready for living in for the next week or so, water and power, and loaded up with the essentials. This is no way to spend a Sunday. I'm buggered.

My wife is determined to cook corned beef and cabbage for supper tonight. She's a trooper. No wonder I love her. I'll get the beer.

Too late for a nap.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the 10 am service. Came home. Been paying for it ever since. This damp weather knocked me on my butt. Haven't done much since.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to church early this morning, first service.
Talked to my brother for over an hour today.
He's doing fine, but will have this week off work.
Went to dinner with Ty and the girls.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been up since 4am with a stuffy head.
I've started a regimen of OTC Emergen-C + C w/ rose hips and zinc, Franc lol

Aimee is going to instruct me on the fine art of preparing "saco de cerdo con frijoles rojos y arroz y patatas" for dinner this evening.
With all the spices and heat involved that should clear my gourd.
Lol

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorting these lovelies out for a neighbor . Got one of the Homelites working well . The other has a bad coil . So , I’m stewing it for 16-24 hrs in an old crock pot @200* to drive of internal mosture that shorts out the coils . The old Mac needs a carb rebuild and is awaiting parts . Life is good !C7132C4C-E78D-40FB-8052-95BA02265FD0.jpg

51F2EF09-EE5B-4DAF-9CE2-152A0EF6D9E3.jpg

58730182-11AD-47D5-A8E0-C9792A8EB211.jpg

B95F0EA4-1573-47F7-B95E-8CF248A7FB35.jpg

9F619D42-DEDE-4F4E-96CD-2801173C339A.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorting these lovelies out for a neighbor . Got one of the Homelites working well . The other has a bad coil . So , I’m stewing it for 16-24 hrs in an old crock pot @200* to drive of internal mosture that shorts out the coils . The old Mac needs a carb rebuild and is awaiting parts . Life is good !View attachment 111801

View attachment 111802

View attachment 111803

View attachment 111804

View attachment 111805

I see a book in your future. :thumbup:

“1001 Uses for a Crock Pot”. :th_lmao:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Nixon, I wish that you lived close to me. The ethanol in the gasoline finally got to the rubber parts in my favorite little chain saw. Strange because I try to use ethanol free in all my small engines but all the fuel lines are definitely "mushy". I'll get it fixed sometime because I really like that little saw. We've been together a long time and created a mountain of sawdust together.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Been up since 4am with a stuffy head.
I've started a regimen of OTC Emergen-C + C w/ rose hips and zinc, Franc lol

Aimee is going to instruct me on the fine art of preparing "saco de cerdo con frijoles rojos y arroz y patatas" for dinner this evening.
With all the spices and heat involved that should clear my gourd.
Lol

Emergen-C is a decent product. We did about 1.5 million samples of it last year. I find it works best if used with a semisweet soda or club soda. I use Swepes Ginger ale.

It's more palatable and the bubbles seem to help clear the mucus in your throat. Red raspberry is my favorite flavor. But, it is expensive stuff.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Online drooling over boats. I went down to my assistive devices supplier to get fitted for a wheelchair, new lift recliner, and talk about options for a lift to get in and out of the truck for rough days. Then I went over to talk to my occupational therapist about my upcoming medication to settle my accident once and for all.

This afternoons task was cleaning up melted dog poop and ice in the driveway. No matter how diligent I am at cleaning dog poop throughout the winter,there's still a poop bomb in the driveway every spring.

Canadian eh!!!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Nixon, I wish that you lived close to me. The ethanol in the gasoline finally got to the rubber parts in my favorite little chain saw. Strange because I try to use ethanol free in all my small engines but all the fuel lines are definitely "mushy". I'll get it fixed sometime because I really like that little saw. We've been together a long time and created a mountain of sawdust together.

If you did live closer , I’d be happy to get it going again for you . What saw is it ? I can probably find the parts for it ,and walk you through getting it sorted .
Also , this thing followed me home today. 71 cc’s of electrically heated handle goodness ...D4F45DE7-AD4B-4E74-BB02-EA570FCAEB5A.jpg

8203A099-7BD1-41D9-8D63-B9D9237E6739.jpg

71F71EFC-2838-4FC5-B235-91C7AAE6D320.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What saw is it ? I can probably find the parts for it ,and walk you through getting it sorted .

It's a little Efco (?) 12" bar that I bought from Northern Tool years ago. I think that it's made in Italy. I like it because it is small and light and can handle all the limbing and trimming. When it gets outmatched, I fire up one of the bigger, heavier ones.

I found a dealer about 25 miles away that can repair it but darn, his labor cost is extortionate!!! I may just buy the new fuel lines and do it myself but now that the weather has turned nicer for about a week, I plan to be darned busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.