• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Something for you really old farts

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know how many here started as kids listening to the radio before TVs where in most homes. I know we got the first TV in the neighborhood when I was about 10 or so.

At any rate one of my favorite shows on the radio was Gun Smoke. I recently looked up who the cast was on the radio though I knew who played Dillion I wasn't sure of the rest. Below is a cast picture from the show.

There names are William Conrad (Matt), Parley Baer (Chester), Howard McNear (Doc) and Georgia Ellis (Kitty). Most here even younger should recognize them with the exception of Kitty.

Attachments

• Gunsmokeradio.jpg
    Gunsmokeradio.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 77
  • William_Conrad_1952.jpg
    William_Conrad_1952.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Parley Baer.jpg
    Parley Baer.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Howard McNear.jpg
    Howard McNear.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Georgia_Ellis.jpg
    Georgia_Ellis.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 67

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, Floyd was once Doc?
Nice bit of trivia there!

I had no idea either till I looked up the cast. The only one I knew was Cannon played Matt Dillon (William Conrad). I guess it is easy to see why they didn't carry over the same cast to the Gun Smoke on TV as it would of been a really different show. I do think they all did well and Chester (Parley Baer) also went on to many other shows. As for Kitty I don't know much and there isn't much on the net about her other than she was born in 1917.