• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Casual Tractor Economy Observations

79bombi

Site Supporter
I travel on Route 68 between WV and MD about twice a month. For the last several months it has amazed me the amount of new farm equipment moving both ways. There is no heavy construction equipment being trucked as would be expected but I did not expect the amount of big tractors going both ways from the midwest to the ports and from Europe to the mid west. Today I made out a brand called Claas which I have seen a lot of this winter/spring but have never heard of in the past.

Has the price of corn enabled a farmers to invest in new equipment?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think corn gave them one hell of a shot in the arm. But their supplies such as tractors fertilizers has caught up with it and now may bit them in the arse. Just my opinion which was directed by a very large farmer.

murph

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I think corn gave them one hell of a shot in the arm. But their supplies such as tractors fertilizers has caught up with it and now may bit them in the arse. Just my opinion which was directed by a very large farmer.

murph

Hearing about the same thing around here Murph, though, it doesn't sound like anyone is regretting equipment purchases over the last couple years so much as just slowing down a little this year. Even at that, some of the big guys litterally wear out equipment rather than repair it, so their purchase cycle is pretty constant.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I see way more on Rte 80 than any other year than I remember. And usually there are multiple rigs in a row delivering them