• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anthem of the Seas

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9waSshoWOc"]Anthem Of The Seas Vs Huge Waves And 120 MPH Winds. Viewed From My Room On The Third Deck. NO MUSIC! - YouTube[/ame]

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Me too but I thought it was a blast! Except the one time when I boat I was driving went full vertical in the middle of Lake Erie and I almost fell out. I would have been a goner.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I cannot let my wife see this. I've almost got her talked into a retirement life on a livaboard sail boat touring the Caribbean.:whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I cannot let my wife see this. I've almost got her talked into a retirement life on a livaboard sail boat touring the Caribbean.:whistling:

True. She needs not to see that video on rough seas, any Pirates of the Caribbean movies either for that matter. :biggrin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Me too but I thought it was a blast! Except the one time when I boat I was driving went full vertical in the middle of Lake Erie and I almost fell out. I would have been a goner.

Yea but you weren't on a boat with about 30 other poor souls who were throwing up all over the place. The retching and the smell was enough to make anyone sick.

And then the boat runs up the face of one wave, scoots down the backside and buries itself in to the next wave. The weight of water blew in the pilot house glass and sent torrents of water below where I was hiding out. It seemed to take forever for the the bow to pick up and come through it. Damn it, we were almost a submarine. No, it wasn't a blast. We had injured people all over the place. :hammer:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
True. She needs not to see that video on rough seas, any Pirates of the Caribbean movies either for that matter. :biggrin:

Because of this? :whistling:
pirates-of-the-caribbean_221435_top.jpg

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea but you weren't on a boat with about 30 other poor souls who were throwing up all over the place. The retching and the smell was enough to make anyone sick.

And then the boat runs up the face of one wave, scoots down the backside and buries itself in to the next wave. The weight of water blew in the pilot house glass and sent torrents of water below where I was hiding out. It seemed to take forever for the the bow to pick up and come through it. Damn it, we were almost a submarine. No, it wasn't a blast. We had injured people all over the place. :hammer:
Caught in a typhoon in the Pacific in the late 60's and got to watch the battleship USS New Jersey doing that: bow disappearing under each oncoming swell while the screws and rudders were coming completely out of the water. Impressive, watching a ship that big do that! :wow:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Agreed. Quite and experience but I would sure not call it fun. You wonder if you will survive.

I was onboard ship when a hurricane changed course and we got the worst of it. 30 degree rolls. The puke smell in the head aka bathroom was enough to make one vomit. I held my own, no puke but the smell about got to me.

I was on the signal shack, over top of the bridge, for one of the first big rolls. We rolled and the big coffee pot and other things not nailed down were falling, then we stopped. Everything stayed still in mid air for what seemed like a long time but in reality it was a second or two. Then we start the roll back the opposite way and all the stuff suspended ...came down hard. What a mess. Here we were, 3 young guys with eyes as big as saucers. Holy Chit. It scared us but it was also awesome in it's own way.