• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

IMP grousers/parts

hansoni

As we continue with our IMP we are finding a few more things...I need about 30 of these, I dont know exactly what they are called, wear tabs that keep the tires in the track. Bunch of them are worn through. Anyone have a source for these or a drawing? I could just replace the entire grouser if I could find some.
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Track guides are pretty easy to make from 3/4 X 3/16 steel bar. I made several. You only need an acetylene torch, a vise and a big hammer. Just make a pattern from an old one and start heating and bending. (We call it "Heat and Beat") Cut the old one out with a cut off wheel and weld in the new one. It may take awhile but what else do you have to do? See my thread http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=63147&page=2 #38.

Attachments

• DSCF3022.jpg
    DSCF3022.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCF3023.jpg
    DSCF3023.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 353

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I forgot to mention to use a disc grinder to round off the edges of the new track guides , then finish them with a flap sander to match the originals. Good Luck!

Attachments

• DSCF2818.jpg
    DSCF2818.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 320

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can still buy the radiused flat strap. It listed as quarter round hot roll flat
Not always easy to find and if you just need a few it does not pay but if you were making a set to look original it out there.:smile:

hansoni

Hey those look nice! How much for 20 of them? I'm a fair woodworker but metalworking is beyond me...I will try to find someone local. Thanks

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
FYI, I looked The flat is listed under half oval not quarter round. But it's available
Found some in Oregon, California, Florida, Ohio

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 295

Nojeeep

Do you know the name of the place that sells the half-round steel? I found it in tube but can't find it any other way.

Thanks!