• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well! I'm up and moving today just fine.
No ill effects from the yard adventure.
This is how it looks now. Still trying to decide whether to put 3 flowering shrubs there or just a bunch of wildflowers.
It still needs some work.
.. and a picture of the sky last night as I was going to work.
I've added it to Farcebook and considered using it as my background.
Another beautiful day in store.
Someone slap me for being so happy.

:smile:

Attachments

• 20180429_204100.jpg
    20180429_204100.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 61
  • FB_IMG_1525093981871.jpg
    FB_IMG_1525093981871.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 63

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got to admit I am a bit stiff from Sunday.
I'll live.
May go out with a friend if she makes it up this way.
Need some "away" time.
Turkey on the west side this morning lol
He's a big strutting dude.

Attachments

• 20180501_094850-360x341.jpg
    20180501_094850-360x341.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 56

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love when the turkeys are in the yard. They are fun to watch.

Tried and failed to start the Ventrac lawn tractor. Tried and failed to charge the battery. Ran to Tractor Supply, traded in the old core, $98 later I walked out with a new battery. Tractor started up and ran fine once the new battery was in. Got a good bit of the lawn around the house done but stopped for dinner.

Church lady tamale dinner! I bought 2 dozen of them, 12 chicken and 12 pork. But tonight just 2 of the chicken tamales for me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We don't have wild turkey up here. They do in s Ontario.

Had physio this morning then went to pick up supplies to start working on the fords cab corners. I have yet to see a ford up here older than 5 years old without rusted out cab corners.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We don't have wild turkey up here. They do in s Ontario.

Had physio this morning then went to pick up supplies to start working on the fords cab corners. I have yet to see a ford up here older than 5 years old without rusted out cab corners.

F
O
R
D

Found
On
Road
Dead

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
F
O
R
D

Found
On
Road
Dead
Actually the Ford has been better than my old Chevy for the mostpart. Doesn't matter what brand it is. If it has tires up here, eventually it's going to rust. Chevies rust over the wheel wells and through the rocker panels. Same with dodge.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mr Turkey's wives?
Lol
Yup, they're everywhere.

Attachments

• 20180501_203935-360x211.jpg
    20180501_203935-360x211.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 47

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually the Ford has been better than my old Chevy for the mostpart. Doesn't matter what brand it is. If it has tires up here, eventually it's going to rust. Chevies rust over the wheel wells and through the rocker panels. Same with dodge.

Actually I have no skin in this game. I own Jeep, VW, Audi and Nissan at the moment.

But I don't mind stirring the pot :yum:

Mr Turkey's wives?
Lol
Yup, they're everywhere.

We had a flock last year that wondered through our yard daily. I haven't seen any this year. Yet.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the boat out of the pole barn and put it in the water today. Earliest boating day for us ever. May 1st. Next couple of days temps of 83 predicted so two more days of fun and sun. Woo hoo.

Attachments

• LiquidAddiction1.jpg
    LiquidAddiction1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 46
  • May1st2018OnTheWater.jpg
    May1st2018OnTheWater.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 50

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Great. We'll be lucky to hit the water by june this year. Last year we opened camp third wee6in April. This year it'll be the third weekend in May.

It's 2am and I haven't slept due to excruciating back pain.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Tractor started up and ran fine once the new battery was in. Got a good bit of the lawn around the house done but stopped for dinner.

That was my afternoon yesterday. I mowed about 3/4 of the yard and quit for dinner. I'll finish it up today. I badly need to spray for weeds again but the forecast is for showers for the next 3 days. It's looking like a Sunday job.

The forecast rain will give me time to read all the manuals that came with the new RV.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We slept with the windows open last night, which was nice.
It's going to be a beautiful day, then tomorrow is to get iffy.
Severe possible.

I work this evening 4-6ish and will see my new guy.
He's the Father of one of the former mayors here.
So I have Victor and Tom only now on Wednesday and Sundays.

Ali is starting this Keto diet.
I am thinking about going back to vegetarian for the most part, tho I'll still enjoy the occasional steak (and bacon).
:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Survived the gym this morning after getting all 7 kids off to school.

Did a quick layer of bondo on the trucks cab corners.

Off to meet the lovely missus for lunch. Then an appointment this afternoon for me followed by one for our foster son.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The lonely little thing finally bloomed.
:smile:
Ground is dry, but the rains coming will take care of that.

Attachments

• 20180502_175747-498x565.jpg
    20180502_175747-498x565.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 40

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Hopefully I can sleep tonight. 3 hours of broken sleep last night is wearing thin. I've got cold chills. Splitting headache. My back and abs haven't been this sore in 2 years. Just when things seemed to be getting better I'm knocked back down.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Two of us went to the Iowa State Capitol on Monday to meet with some state legislators about Veterans' issues. A picture of a fellow Veteran and me with some of the state reps and a picture of me with my friend and a state rep. in the House Chairman's chair. I was (jokingly) saying, "Free beer for Iowans!"

Iowa State Capitol 1 4-30-18.jpg

Iowa State Capitol 2 4-30-18.jpg

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dog sitting this morning.

Then to the eye doctor to have my right eye checked out. Been giving me problems, want to make sure it is only eye strain from being on the computer or something simple and not something very serious. My prescription for my glasses changed fairly dramatically in my right eye when I got new glasses a couple months ago and I'm still having some pain/pressure/issues. So time to get checked a bit more thoroughly, maybe a referral for CT scan to look behind the eye, etc.

Two of us went to the Iowa State Capitol on Monday to meet with some state legislators about Veterans' issues. A picture of a fellow Veteran and me with some of the state reps and a picture of me with my friend and a state rep. in the House Chairman's chair. I was (jokingly) saying, "Free beer for Iowans!"

Very nice :applause:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Dog sitting this morning.

Then to the eye doctor to have my right eye checked out. Been giving me problems, want to make sure it is only eye strain from being on the computer or something simple and not something very serious. My prescription for my glasses changed fairly dramatically in my right eye when I got new glasses a couple months ago and I'm still having some pain/pressure/issues. So time to get checked a bit more thoroughly, maybe a referral for CT scan to look behind the eye, etc.

Good luck with the eye doctor.

I'm 71 years old and having eye changes myself.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Two hour chronic pain support group this morning then a follow-up dental surgery appointment for one of the kiddies.

Tomorrow is more chronic pain at the gym followed by physio. Then a trip to the border for cheap gas and pick up some packages. For those curious, prices up here are averaging anywhere from 1.40l to 1.60l. I'll drive 40 miles to pay .88cents a liter.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So we did get quite a few storms yesterday/last night but nothing severe.
Lots of rain and lightning, not a lot of wind.
Flooded the field across the way again.

Attachments

• 20180503_101713.jpg
    20180503_101713.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 46

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another day of appointments. Getting sick and tired of all these appointments. Oh well. Gives me something to do.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PLAN => Haircut ... Starbucks ... dropping off some fencing supplies at the high school ... probably chat with some of the fencing kids at lunch ... probably work on cleaning up garden debris this afternoon.

REALITY => anyone's guess, because plans rarely pan out

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's windy!
We're under an advisory until 6.
Today I'll go food shopping, then make a stop at the library.
Need to make an appt with eye doc to get a cobweb floater checked out.
I've had them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.