• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Team Richard Snowcat Site vanished?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Has anyone else noticed that the Snowcat Discussion site, Team Richard/Tahoe Basin website has been down for a couple of weeks?

The main Tahoe Basin site is still up and running, but the Team Richard Snowcat discussion site vanished a couple weeks ago. It was a fairly low traffic discussion site, but they had some decent conversations and were organizing a get-together. The topic was the the only active discussion on the website but then the site vanished.

Anyone know what happened? :confused2:

Odd thing is the old Team Richard pages are still up and those can be viewed.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I sent an email to the webmaster and asked what was happening with their web site. Hopefully they will respond to this link with an answer as I requested. Many snow cat enthusiasts from here do frequent their site on a regular basis. Just have to wait and see if we can get a response.:confused2:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Tahoe Basin site has not been affected so I thought it odd that the Team Richard discussion area went down.

Maybe there just wasn't enough traffic?

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
I sent an email to the webmaster and asked what was happening with their web site.
Bill, someone from who uses the TahoeBasin webserver is visiting us. Did you ever get an answer from them as to what happened to the Team Richard discussion site?
  • 07:59 PM Guest Viewing Thread
    subscribed.gif
    Team Richard Snowcat Site vanished?
    host97.tahoebasin.com
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 4.0; T312461)

EDIT 9:18pm : The Team Richard Discussion website is back up and running. No new posts in over 3 weeks, which is probably how long the site was down.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Bob,
They did not answer my email. It appears we pay more attention to their website than they do. Now we know, they know, we are here and they can visit us anytime as we welcome all new members.:yum: Maybe I should not of said anything to them, but I thought it was the right thing to do as the snow cat community is quite small anyway.:whistle:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shortly after this thread started, the folks at Team Richard's Snowcat Discussion got their site back up (I think mtntopper was helpful in that?).

:confused2:

But it appears to be down again. It was up yesterday. And it doesn't get much traffic, but its been around a long time, in a couple different formats, so it is a well known site among snowcatters. Does anyone know what happened to them? BTW, it appears the entire Tahoe Basin website has vanished, not just the snowcat area, and also includes his personal Thiokol page.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Man I hope not ! They were how I got started and found my Yetti .Also my KT4 and KT3 !!!
I would hate to see them go offline .