• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tower Fan

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody else bought one of these?
I stopped at Walgreen's today to fill a prescription, then walked around a little and shopped with my sister.
They were $20. Gotta say, it really puts out a breeze around the house, when you don't want to have the central air on yet.
I like it!

31kchFefNTL._SS500_.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our priest used to keep one up by the alter to keep him cool on hot Sundays.

Ironman

Anybody else bought one of these?
I stopped at Walgreen's today to fill a prescription, then walked around a little and shopped with my sister.
They were $20. Gotta say, it really puts out a breeze around the house, when you don't want to have the central air on yet.
I like it!

View attachment 45280
Thats not a bad deal for 20 bucks! just curious - does it have little mini fans in there, or a blower motor? How does that thing work!? lol...

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thats not a bad deal for 20 bucks! just curious - does it have little mini fans in there, or a blower motor? How does that thing work!? lol...
It has a long black cylinder inside that is in layers.
Low, medium and high AND it oscillates too! :w00t2::yum:
Mine is 29" tall.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I drug it in here to show you.
See, even Little Miss Nosey likes it.
Don't mind her bankie she has on the other side of the door.
I think she's pissed because I unplugged it.. gotta go plug it back in! lol
Mine is the Aries brand.

Attachments

• 2010-05-26 21-09-18.078.jpg
    2010-05-26 21-09-18.078.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 301

Ironman

Thanks for the review PG. :smile:
I have been looking for something like that to put in the bar in my basement for the summer. Sleek, stylish and functional @ a good price! :thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks PG.

How loud is it? I've seen some of those in action but they were quite a bit more expensive. Those were very quiet.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I bought one a couple years ago when I was living part time in MD for my room ............ yep it's a winner. PG is right when she says it throws a pretty good blast! As for the sound, when oscillating you hear a faint rhythmic swish! I used it in a 18x14 room and it never overwhelmed at any speed.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I need a fan or two... might hit Walgreens tonight.. I NEVER go in there... lol