• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Raise DA Roof!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
2 years ago my friend who also goes to my Church got ripped off BAD! He wanted to put an extension on his house.... paid contractors $70K..... and he never heard from them again. Fast forward and now he has money for materials BUT he is doing it himself along with a union guy and helpers. Well he called me up recently and asked that I help put the roof on. Im afraid of heights but I figure, SURE. Well, he had the rafters but no crane. All 14 of them. BIG ones. We had to lift these damn wing-like things up a pulley which isnt easy even with 5 people. THEN put them into place with the wind wippin' up. Then the union guy (who was directing everything) after 5 rafters were up climbed on top and around them installing 1x6 planks to keep them secure. Before all of that, the damn rafters came from the factory too long! We had to measure and cut then hammer in place those plates (forgot their real name) that binded the wood pieces. I havent been this sore in a LONG time. Man, those union construction guys deserve some credit for sure!