• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How fast can they go ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
All this talk about snowcats has got me thinkin .
Just how fast can a snow cat actually go ???? What is the fastest snowcat that has ever been produced ???

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Geez Al, I just posted an 80+ mph snow cat, while on the transport trailer......:confused2: Don't you read all of the posts? You must be consuming too much pepper and rum again.......My wife has a new drink for you to try, it is a vanilla ice cream, butterscotch flavoring, ginger ale and vodka float.....:pat:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
Geez Al, I just posted an 80+ mph snow cat, while on the transport trailer......:confused2: Don't you read all of the posts? You must be consuming too much pepper and rum again.......My wife has a new drink for you to try, it is a vanilla ice cream, butterscotch flavoring, ginger ale and vodka float.....:pat:

I only had two Dr Rums so far tonight . They are in 16oz Water glasses though .
Now hold on there mbsieg. I think I can handle my own drinkin :burp: .

Dang ....That does sound tasty now , don't it !!! Does it have a name ??? How about " Iced Vanilla Butterfly Fizz " ???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
On MONSTER GARAGE, Jesse James and crew made a T-Bucket snowcat. It belched fire and ran pretty fast on a groomed ski slope, but I doubt it broke 50mph, and with skis on the front end, I doubt it would do to well in powder.

BTW. . . Kahluah, vanilla ice cream, and some warm white chocolate & orange cream sauce.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
On MONSTER GARAGE, Jesse James and crew made a T-Bucket snowcat. It belched fire and ran pretty fast on a groomed ski slope, but I doubt it broke 50mph, and with skis on the front end, I doubt it would do to well in powder.

Well, I meant an actual snow cat that made it into production .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Most of the spec sheets I've seen show them running with top speeds of 15 to just over 20 mph.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Most of the spec sheets I've seen show them running with top speeds of 15 to just over 20 mph.

But if I am not mistaken did'nt someone on FF say a SnowTrac was capable of close to 30 MPH ???:confused2: That sounds really fast on rubber belts .

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think Lyndon said there was a high speed sprocket that was available for some of the Snow Tracs. Not sure if it went up to 30 but I recall something about maybe close to 30? I think a standard ST4 will do roughly 22mph?

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I think this is more a question of, how steep is the steepest hill you can find, can you tow a snow-trac to the top if it with a Kristi, and how many blokes does it take to push the snow-trac back down.

Then you'd find the fastest snow-trac!

Or you could just chuck a Kristi out an aeroplane........

:yum: :yum:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I gave a rundown on the speeds of various stock machines in a similar thread under "How Fast will a Snow Cat go" in this same section of the Forum. The Bombardier B12, C12, and B18 would run along at 40 to 45. There is a Snow Mobile Dragster that showed up in Mechanix Illistrated that posted a 115 MPH top speed. It was a station wagon car with skiis in front and long tracks in the back similar to the B12 & B18.