• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker grouser wear question

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
is this a repair or a performance enhancement?

also, Is the center anti side hill supposed to be a V?

was it just wore down and then tabs added, or is the plate added to make more of a paddle for trapping fluffy snow.

Mike

Attachments

• IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 232
those grouser don't look stock-----nothing any of mine had----and my anti slide were ---like 2 by 2 sq.----can you post pics. with different angles

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I lifted that photo from another thread.
I had a conversation with a fellow tucker owner and we were discussing building up the grousers... I had hard surfaced welded my grousers.... he now owns that machine and is doing more of the same. I was told welding ON material makes things brittle and saw this flat plate added situation and wondered if that was a homeade grouser, a repair or a performance adder.

I will revisit the thread I lifted this picture from, only one of the pontoons had this...

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
As one of the previous owners of the tucker with the grouser extenteders,I just don't see where it would be necessary. I had that cat in powder over the tracks without traction problems. (I wasn't pulling groomers) so maybe pulling heavy loads there would be a benefit in certain conditions? I have a tucker now with terra tracks,and haven't seen a traction problem,except when on a solid icy hill. In low snow or icy conditions or solid pavement,could only run at about 1 mph,or was banging my head on the roof. With terra track I actually can speed up.