• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

crap, crap and more crap!

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Winter Storm watch

Issued at 4:34 a.m. EST Tuesday 24 February 2015
Summary A new storm is developing along the coast of the Carolines. It will reach the Maritimes Wednesday and the Lower North Shore overnight Wednesday to Thursday. Significant amounts of snow, strong winds and blowing snow will affect the Gaspe Peninsula late Wednesday afternoon and the remaining areas afterwards. Snowfall amounts in excess of 15 cm are possible once again over the Gaspe Peninsula but other areas should see similar amounts.
Details Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight. For information on emergency plans and kits go to http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/ Winter Storm Watches are issued when multiple types of severe winter weather are expected to occur together. Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-361-0233 or send an email to tempsviolent.quebec@ec.gc.ca. You may also tweet reports of severe weather to #meteoqc.
Ok, you guys have to stop exporting this crap into Canada. We have enough..:evil:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, you guys have to stop exporting this crap into Canada. We have enough..:evil:
Huh? You're sending this winter crap down to us.

No winter storm/snow in our near-term forecast but it's -20° here this morning. I'm blaming Canada as y'all sent it down to us.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You quit sending this damn cold down here and we will block the snow......Broke records from 1894 this morning. Coldest February ever and more sub zero for the rest of the week.:whistling:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I feel your pain. We have had our share of snow and cold this winter up here, just like many have. This latest storm is going too far south to hit us. I am not disappointed. -26F here this morning and more cold coming in after the clipper on Wednesday. Maybe we'll turn the page a bit come March, although that is usually a big snow month for us up here. Oh well. :big grin:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Heck, it's coming all the way south to Texas.

We've had below freezing temperatures, wet snow, freezing rain and ice for the past 3 days. It's supposed to get up to 40° today if the clouds break so hopefully that'll take care of the snow and ice on the ground but guess what? More wet snow and freezing temperatures tonight.

I've been stuck in the house for 3 days and probably for a couple more. I prefer to stay home rather than share the roads with Texas drivers when there is ice and snow. East Texans don't have a clue. :yum:

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

A storm system developping of the American east coast will move over the Maritimes and on to the Gulf of Saint-Lawrence Wednesday. 15 to 25 centimetres of snow are expected to fall over most regions. Up to 40 centimetres of snow could fall over parts of the eastern Gaspe Peninsula. The snow combined with very strong winds will bring visibilities to nil in blowing snow.
Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become difficult to navigate due to accumulating snow. Prepare for quickly changing and deteriorating travel conditions. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight. For information on emergency plans and kits go to http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/
This is the new update.:puke1:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We got our update for East Texas too.

The temperature got up to 40° today and most of the ice on the roads melted but starting after midnight when the temperature drops into the upper 20's, we'll get wet snow falling until Wednesday pm. Accumulation could be from 4"' - 6". Temperature tomorrow is supposed to climb to around 40° again to turn all that wet snow into slush before dropping to the mid 20's overnight. Thursday morning should be interesting.

I'm supposed to take the RV to the dealer at 8 o'clock on Thursday morning. I don't think that's going to happen. :hammer: