• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Start of the 2006-2007 Season

griz

Had to Go to Work Yesterday AM
Man I Love My Job

Sunrise
100_2592 (Small).JPG
Before
100_2610 (Small).JPG
After
100_2615 (Small).JPG

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Great pics!!!:cool2: Must be cross country ski trails with the track setter attachment in the pic. Those two ND Imps just keep on working. Wish we had some of your snow. We used to live in the Coeur D'Alene area and always had great snow on the border between ID and MT.:D

Eric L

Site Supporter
I'm, like, ...totally jealous..

Its snowing here, but we got a log ways to go. I was out yesterday with a 4X4, not even challenging yet.

I'm gonna work inside today, maybe I'll blow some snow later this afternoon

Eric

griz

Yes those two North Dakota IMP's just keep on ticking, This will be the forth year I have used them, They where units 266 & 267 when I Purchased them from Basin Power & Elec. & I have nick named them little 66 & 67. I used little 67 yesterday, as last year the third to last groom day we received one last blast of heavy wet snow, about 2 feet and little 66 broke an axle (IMP owners check those wheel bearing regularly) I have it all most back together.

nutsster

It's been a slow start this year in Utah. Last year we had three to four feet by now. There was enough snow to run my DMC 1200 up and down some roads. It was so sweet! I can't wait to try out my drag on the roads to the cabin. :D
Copy of pics 018 800X600.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Boy ,I am jealous !!! Here I sit with 3 non running cats . I can hardly wait to get mine going . Should be mobile in about one month !!!!
Beautiful Pictures ,by the way . :thumb:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
BigAl said:
Boy ,I am jealous !!! Here I sit with 3 non running cats . I can hardly wait to get mine going . Should be mobile in about one month !!!!
Beautiful Pictures ,by the way . :thumb:

I have a great running 1200 LMC loaded, ready, aimed and no snow....:mad: This is a pic from this weekend in my drive at 8200 foot elevation....pitiful....:eek: I guess as Pigtails stated, a snow making machine will have to be my next project..:confused2:

Hey Griz, do you need some help? I have a pintle hitch and may just show up in your backyard.....Desperately seeking snow......

PC090014.JPG

nutsster

I noticed that mtntopper's LMC 1200 has one less axle than other 1200's. It makes sense for weight reduction. That's one sweet looking LMC 1200.:thumb:

I got to run my DMC for three months last winter to find everything it needed. That was a huge plus for making a list of things to repair or replace last summer. A good friend of mine has operated nearly every cat known to man, and he was real impressed with my DMC 1200. I have only operated the Thiokol 1402, 1404, and DMC 1200 and 3700 so far, so I don't have a lot of multi-machine experience. :confused2:
I operate around 9000 feet up to 12,000 feet in elevation, so I've seen some deep snow. Hopefully, this week we start seeing more snow!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
nutsster said:
I noticed that mtntopper's LMC 1200 has one less axle than other 1200's. It makes sense for weight reduction. That's one sweet looking LMC 1200.:thumb:

You are correct about one less axle. My observation is that this may have been an experiment trying one less axle. They spaced them out differently than on the other machines that I have been around. If the machine was used in extreme HD operation such as grooming or towing large loads, the extra axle would probably be needed. I still have a lot that I want to do to complete the machine in the future. It will have to wait now until we get some snow cat time this winte. Each year I try to do just a little more to make it run and look better.

nutsster

I have noticed some other manufactures like PistonBully, Leitner, Formatic and Hammerle make some of thier smaller cats with large spacing between the tires. It probably doen't matter much, unless you load it down a lot.:eek: