• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tatoo info~

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
you ...the question is....why do you hate yourself so much?

when have i even slightly begun to slightly mention that.- oh, yeah. i have not. i happen to embrace life as myself. He gave me life, & i luv & live that.

you cannot think for me.
we call that, 'realism'.
how is getting ink self-hate. i say ink is self-décor & when chosen well, gorgeous. would u wanna stare @ blank walls 24 hours a day-- ppl place decor. is that okay w/ u--

Last edited:

ChocoCat

Hi Luv, don't be down on yourself, or anything that others say. Nice Tat, although this might have been my choice. hehe :biggrin:

Seahawk-12-exp.png

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe it's uuuuuuuuuuu w/ issues, 'leadarrows',- i have 1- i'm anorexic. i'll say that time & again. i know that, as well as my health pros. ur not gonna fix me. get over urself. damn.

that means zip, regarding ink. @ least you give me a laugh. get a life! for pete's sake, none of that chit even begins to hit home. u might look into a project of sorts, besides being impolite & rude. sigh. most that have issues push them onto others when they're not strong enough to get themselves pulled together. visit a library- beautiful way to gain info. doctor leadarrow.

Ya know, I personally do not care for ink nor piercings. It's just my personal hang up. Possibly because it is so rare, I think a woman is elegant dressed in a nice formal outfit and doesn't even have pierced ears. The way I look at it, the dress is the decoration for the natural beauty.

Having said that, and even though it's not my personal favorite, I have seen women I have to admit are beautiful even with ink and piercings...although lightly on both. I kind of have to look at it like this; when I take off my shirt and wear shorts, people can see that I'm covered in scars from numerous surgeries and injuries from leading a somewhat extreme lifestyle. I'm quite certain that some people mumble 'I wish that guy would cover up all his scarring and clear signs of living a rough life'. So, what is really the difference?

I don't break very easy at all and in my 50's, I pride myself that I can still work most guys in their early 20's into the ground and am still physically stronger. I just happen to have a high tolerance to pain and my idea of pushing myself hard is considerably different than most people's idea of pushing themselves hard. I still wear the exact same size clothes I wore when I graduated college 30 years ago. Um, some are literally the same clothes, but that's another matter. Anyway the result has been a lifetime of uncountable broken bones and a long ago lost count of the number of stitches I've had. Still, like ink and piercings, living like this has been my choice. Some surgeons tell me that I must start acting my age. Others tell me that if I do, I'll be in a wheelchair within 6 months. Who is right and who is wrong? So, like you, ya little yinzer, I do whatever I darn well please. Best I can tell, ya only get one trip on this spinning rock. You may as well enjoy the ride. :wink:

leadarrows

when have i even slightly begun to slightly mention that.- oh, yeah. i have not. i happen to embrace life as myself. He gave me life, & i luv & live that.

you cannot think for me.
we call that, 'realism'.
how is getting ink self-hate. i say ink is self-décor & when chosen well, gorgeous. would u wanna stare @ blank walls 24 hours a day-- ppl place decor. is that okay w/ u--

You brought it up with this thread or I wouldn't have said a word.

I thought you said you were anorexic. Isn't that a disorder associated with low self-esteem?

I don't think you are going to be honest with yourself on this subject so there is no sense in discussing it further. I think these fellows and you are right...it's your life and not my problem.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
chococat & dargo-- yinz rock.

leadarrows, anorexia is classically related to controlling, rich, perfectionistic Parents w/ high expectations of their family & level of class. adolescent gals w/ body-image distortions, excellent grades, competitive, very intelligent, & stonger than an average.

ChocoCat

ya only get one trip on this spinning rock. You may as well enjoy the ride. :wink:

Here here!
icon14.gif

I honestly think that the proliferation of tats is generational, ie., Millennials or Gen Y's. Popularity has a lot to do with the media and all of the shows, "Miami Ink," "NY Ink," and "Ink Master". I keep waiting for the surge of interest to somewhat die down, but I am not holding my breath. With some people the addiction, like Luv stated, is kind of epidemic.

In a similar survey done by The Harris Poll, nine per cent of 18- to-24-year-olds and 32 per cent of 25- to 29-year-olds have at least one tattoo. Most people start with a "meaningful" tattoo, something that means something to them .. and it goes from there.

Personally, with so many people getting tattoos, to find a woman without tats is extremely rare. And so the search begins. I wonder when the shift will begin to where the newest Generation will not want what their parents have and find it ridiculous? Trends, right? Hmm, maybe when I am long gone. Ultimately though, I think that when you are in a relationship and holding that special person in a deep embrace with your eyes closed, I don't believe the tattoos or no tattoo makes a difference. It is all in who you have with you and how much you love each other.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
look @ how many elders that have served us & our land have tats.

ChocoCat

look @ how many elders that have served us & our land have tats.

If you are talking about 'Baby Boomers' (1946-1964) which I am a part of, I think it was more random rather than prolific coverings. My Father who served in Germany during the Korean War had none. My Mother's Brother had a handful. The shift came as a result of Gen Y children of those BBers setting the trend and the parents followed suit. We live by example. I have none. My Cousins have many.

The generation before BBers was the 'Silent Generation' (1929-1942+/- thru 1946) or 'The Lucky Few'. Usually associated with the 'Korean War' or 'The Great Depression'. Most of of our Father's of this great generation that had tattoo's were either war related, motorcycle riding hero's or gang/prison tattoos. They were most likely never sleeves, full arm or complete body iterations.

Certainly, the representation to a distant tribe that a person emulates with great admiration was never done.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i mentioned not a naval sleeve. i said, 'tats'- most guys i know that served emerged w/ ink.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
this should be my day. ouch. yay! i'll get 'er done, & that'll be that.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i make my life okay, MD. i'll make this 1 to remember, in a memorable way. ow. :flowers: i'm none too fretful. painful- yep. i''d rather get a piercing than a feeding tube.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i say things as i think they ought to be said. & i said that, dammit, piercing is my kinda deal. :)
& TY. u rock, too~

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
No piercings for me... just two tats.. :) I think my next will be an autism tribute.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
No piercings for me... just two tats.. :) I think my next will be an autism tribute.

sweeeet! i luv ink & piercings, both. my nephew is autistic. he would be so :w00t2:if he knew some ppl put ink on themselves for kiddos w/ autism. u ought post if u get 1. i hafta wait on my piercing-- blake is inpatient. he was gonna get me a cab to see him. have a great one.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
It'll happen soon I think. I need to work on drawing it. I'll sure post pics when I get it done! My youngest stepson is on the spectrum. He is a hoot.