• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tatoo info~

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A drop of surgical glue will hold that rhinestone in place for me, thank you very much!

I'm with Leni on this particular piercing. And actually with all mouth, cheek, lip piercing. Just can't figure out why those are good and in fact I actually dislike them. Certainly to each his/her own, but in this case I'm saying a drop of glue for an occasional fashion statement but not a real piercing for everyday use. Just say "no."

Thanks. I thought that since Marylin was famous for her ample chest that it would have been something else getting pierced.

I had to fly on a business trip and one of my employees, who was also on the trip (we typically had 3 to 6 people on each trip) apparently kept setting off the magnetic wands (back before the full body X-ray scanners) it was a fun thing to watch as the TSA lady gingerly worked her way thought that experience. Apparently it was new to her.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I thought that since Marylin was famous for her ample chest that it would have been something else getting pierced.
nope- is a replica of her infamous marking; my nurse owns 1. they're cute, tho i'd get a teensy piece of jewelry to place in my own- a 'lil pseudo-diamond. we'll see. i'll post when i get pierced, here.

so many Chefs get ink/piercings. look on Chef competition shows. so many have 'em. similar to my jobs & school. i began @ 15, tho; before i knew i was gonna be 1.

Last edited:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Well you have to know someone would come along and piss on the parade, right? But I'm not a fan of tats. That being said, I don't have any issues with them either.

I guess I'm just old (which I am) but I think a woman's body is one of the finest things on earth. (cept for maybe beer... :mrgreen:) I love to see them as they are and not all painted up with tats.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, right? :flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Well you have to know someone would come along and piss on the parade, right? But I'm not a fan of tats. That being said, I don't have any issues with them either.

I guess I'm just old (which I am) but I think a woman's body is one of the finest things on earth. (cept for maybe beer... :mrgreen:) I love to see them as they are and not all painted up with tats.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Different strokes for different folks, right? :flowers:

i say, oh, well. nobody made u look.:flowers:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
squerly- my now non-ex bought my ink- my Mom bought my others- (piercings & my 1st ink- a rosary-), & he is soon to buy my piercing.

i plain remember bitching @ 15 until my dad said to my Mom, 'oh, jus' take her.' & so i got a piercing that afternoon. i was ornery, then........ i have yet to lose that skill.

leadarrows

i say, oh, well. nobody made u look.:flowers:
That is not really true....if it is placed right in front of you , you will see it , like it or not.

Would any of you give this guy a job?

bizarre_people2.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
u hafta click to view. u decided to click.
& he would hafta lose his metal on my clock, if employed in my kitchen. he seems odd, tho i think we, as a whole, have oddities, in various mannerisms.
piercing- that is a safety issue in an industrial kitchen. u cannot make/give food to ppl if a piece of 1 of 'em were to get into a food. we were disallowed to keep piercings in during culinary school. i would tape my nose piercing, w/ permission via Chef/dean. that was okay w/ them.

& i know damned well u searched fer that image u posted. so, how awful could looking @ a person's ink/piercing really be to u--
sheesh. my ears were pierced when i was 1 month. so~ my Mom bought me teensy diamonds. i lost 1 very soon. i mean, it's a 'lil dent that is removed very easily. less than a minute to un-pierce urself.

Last edited:

leadarrows

....took it off a recent post on facebook with the same question. I see people at the gas station like this every so often. Self mutilation .......it is sad.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm not arguing over my ink/piercings. yeah, that guy in that pic has gone overboard.

i cannot begin to see how that compares to 2 mindful tattoos- 1 of a rosary; 1 of my beloved stillers & a pierced nose. quit looking if they bother u. it's not rocket science. i fear 1 animal- so, i look away when i see 1. simplistic. sad to me that u continue to push ur disdain onto me. i appreciate art thoroughly- on a canvas, or on me.
gotta remember- i'm a city-dweller. many tattoo/piercing parlors line 1 st.- gets to where choosing 1 takes sincere effort that requires extensive research. many, many ppl have ink. so~

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I spent the weekend working at Cancer Walks, on Sunday the Church hosting the walk was full of women with tattoos. I saw a beautiful 'half sleeve' on a girl that honestly complimented her look. I also saw a horrid and huge calf tattoo that should be surgically removed. And I saw everything in between.

That aside, the thing I know about luvs is that she is a chef. And when some of us self admitted OLD GUYS weigh in on issues like "would you hire . . . " you have to look at various industries. In my former company we had rules against "exposed" tattoos. Our logic was you could do whatever you want to your body but if the customer sees it you can't work here. There were reasons for that. But in the restaurant industry having tattooed chefs is actually NORMAL so I'd have to say that luvs has no problem with the tattooed look and getting hired in her career choice. Assuming she can cook!!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife and I spent the weekend working at Cancer Walks, on Sunday the Church hosting the walk was full of women with tattoos. I saw a beautiful 'half sleeve' on a girl that honestly complimented her look. I also saw a horrid and huge calf tattoo that should be surgically removed. And I saw everything in between.

That aside, the thing I know about luvs is that she is a chef. And when some of us self admitted OLD GUYS weigh in on issues like "would you hire . . . " you have to look at various industries. In my former company we had rules against "exposed" tattoos. Our logic was you could do whatever you want to your body but if the customer sees it you can't work here. There were reasons for that. But in the restaurant industry having tattooed chefs is actually NORMAL so I'd have to say that luvs has no problem with the tattooed look and getting hired in her career choice. Assuming she can cook!!!

gasp! :biggrin: yinz that have seen my pix knowwwww that i can cook. those that have dined on my food know, very well.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
....took it off a recent post on facebook with the same question. I see people at the gas station like this every so often. Self mutilation .......it is sad.
Yes, those people who have so little in their lives that they do this do need help. But that is not what we are discussing. Tattoos and piercings, within moderation, are considered normal and acceptable today.

Honestly ANYONE can take ANYTHING to extremes.

luvs is not taking tattoos or piercing to any extreme. Some of us can probably be accused of taking gun collecting to an extreme. Others of taking our love of snowcats to an extreme. I know a very smart high school teacher who has a beautiful Japanese style flower tattoo half sleeve that is vibrant and stunning looking and she is also a beautiful young woman and I don't know anyone who says that they wouldn't hire her because of her tattoos and that young lady has not taken her tattoos to extreme either.

leadarrows

I don't like simple pierced ears let alone anything else.

Understand ....I am older ....in my youth we went to the carnival and paid a quarter to look at the freaks. Not my words...it was how they were advertized..

It looks hideous...but it is a free country and as much as I don't like it, I would if necessary help defend your right to do what you want with your own body.

Like I said....I just can't understand it.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't like simple pierced ears let alone anything else.

Understand ....I am older ....in my youth we went to the carnival and paid a quarter to look at the freaks. Not my words...it was how they were advertized..

It looks hideous...but it is a free country and as much as I don't like it, I would if necessary help defend your right to do what you want with your own body.

Like I said....I just can't understand it.

oh. well, i luv 'em- sheesh. ur not changing my mind, so fixate on somethin' else. it's borderingon very odd. i'm me. you're not. that is that & won't change.

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My Wife , along with all my kids have gotten tattoos after they reached the age of deciding for themselves .The wifes is a little A inside a hearth tattoo on her foot . You can not see it unless she is bare footed . It is in Honor of me and stands for Allen , though I tell her it most likely stands for "Asshole" when she is mad at me :yum:.

I thought about getting one a few years ago , but decided not too . I guess it a personal choice thing . Whats the old saying ..... To each their own :smile:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got ink myself, just one. Some people have 'em and some don't like it. That's what makes us all individuals. We don't think the same nor do we look the same. There's going to be people that don't understand what others do, that's ok too. But we are free to do what makes us happy, well somewhat :wink:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with leadarrows on piercings why take a pretty face and clutter it up with metal and gems. that said to each their own as for looking the other way I'm sorry I find it hard to do when there is a bog lump on the side of a nose or in a lip that doesn't belong there. again to each their own I have just as much right to not like it as the other does to like it.

leadarrows

oh. well, i luv 'em- sheesh. ur not changing my mind, so fixate on somethin' else. it's borderingon very odd. i'm me. you're not. that is that & won't change.
That's fine but expect feedback when you post on the internet.

Mutilating yourself wont fix whatever is bothering you...that addiction you spoke of is not to the ink....it is to self mutilation...the question is....why do you hate yourself so much?

A simple few comments on a subject you brought up is not a fixation on my part. Girl you have issues....I don't know what happened to you but I hope you can work it out.

Leni

When I was belly dancing I used surgical glue to attach the false eyelashes (two sets) the strip of gemstones just above them and anything else like that. They also had a spray sort of like hair spray that contained a very fine glitter that I would spray on my body. I just don't get the tattoos and piercings either but to each his/her own.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
That's fine but expect feedback when you post on the internet.

Mutilating yourself wont fix whatever is bothering you...that addiction you spoke of is not to the ink....it is to self mutilation...the question is....why do you hate yourself so much?

A simple few comments on a subject you brought up is not a fixation on my part. Girl you have issues....I don't know what happened to you but I hope you can work it out.

You must be immensely qualified to make such a diagnosis on such limited information. What are your credentials, doctor?

leadarrows

You must be immensely qualified to make such a diagnosis on such limited information. What are your credentials, doctor?
School of hard knocks.... Ball State Psychological class, 20 years as a bouncer/bartender/bar manager. I could tell you when a trouble maker walked in the door in less then 3 minutes of observation, and I was rarely wrong.
Anger management classes, ex-wife whos dad molested her...bisexual brother...redheaded step daughter dead head wth self worth issues...tats and piercings...

You don't have to be a doctor to pay attention to the world around you and learn a few things in 60 years of life....Just because you can't do it does not mean no one can.

I would like to help this young lady not patronize her. I don't think she is receptive to help though.
I understand where your coming from but I am tired of the PC BS in this world.....no one tells anyone what they need to hear instead of what they want to hear.....it is all nice and cuddly and makes the BS-er feel good but it dose not help anyone. It dose not make this a better country ...or world....

Do not confuse observation with judgment. I am in no positon to judge anyone...I learned most of what I know the hard way....I have a masters degree in making mistakes.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe it's uuuuuuuuuuu w/ issues, 'leadarrows',- i have 1- i'm anorexic. i'll say that time & again. i know that, as well as my health pros. ur not gonna fix me. get over urself. damn.

that means zip, regarding ink. @ least you give me a laugh. get a life! for pete's sake, none of that chit even begins to hit home. u might look into a project of sorts, besides being impolite & rude. sigh. most that have issues push them onto others when they're not strong enough to get themselves pulled together. visit a library- beautiful way to gain info. doctor leadarrow.

Last edited:

leadarrows

True I don't know you and it was a shot in the dark...I just went with the odds.
Sure I have issues...I am human...we all have issues...

I have a life...thanks...part of it is participating on Forums....seems we at least have that in common...

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
True I don't know you and it was a shot in the dark...I just went with the odds.
Sure I have issues...I am human...we all have issues...

I have a life...thanks...part of it is participating on Forums....seems we at least have that in common...

oh.