• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Too early for this BS!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang lake effect machine is cranking the squalls out about every hour or two. Hit one last night that was so bad we were down to 40 mph on the interstate. The temp dropped 11 degrees in less than 10 miles. A few miles farther and it was done. Same thing today while tearing the barn down. Snow like hell for long enough to put a white coat on things and 15 minutes later the sun is shining and it melts away. Had to run the backhoe for about 10 minutes to melt the windows clear this morning.:hammer: Folks east of Syracuse could get 8 inches or more.

Kane

Dang lake effect machine is cranking the squalls out about every hour or two. Hit one last night that was so bad we were down to 40 mph on the interstate. The temp dropped 11 degrees in less than 10 miles. A few miles farther and it was done. Same thing today while tearing the barn down. Snow like hell for long enough to put a white coat on things and 15 minutes later the sun is shining and it melts away. Had to run the backhoe for about 10 minutes to melt the windows clear this morning.:hammer: Folks east of Syracuse could get 8 inches or more.
Yeah, it really sux, muleman. BRRRR The same cold front came thru Sarasota last night and it got down to 64 degrees. BRRRRR High of only 76 today. BRRRRR

Screw it. I'm moving to Costa Rica.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowed here about an hour ago. Nothing sticking to the ground. It's that time of the year!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know I am an oddity, but I always look forward to Lake Effect storms off the southern tip of Lake Michigan.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I know I am an oddity, but I always look forward to Lake Effect storms off the southern tip of Lake Michigan.

I know what you mean. No lake effects here, but I look forward to those big Nor'Easters that blow up the coast, dump 3 feet of snow with those big winds.

That's when I sit back in the easy chair with a nice hot mug of apple cider and wait for it to stop and go fire up the tractor/snoblower. Life is damn good. :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a light dusting on things overnight but it is going to warm slowly as we get into next week. Hope the wind dies down so I can finish seeding clover.

Leni

I should keep my mouth shut but it was beautiful today. Clear skies and a temp in the mid 70's.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
we got a good coating of snow last night with winds of 50. it was pretty and white this morning but the rain came and it was about all gone by sun up