• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Santa Anna Winds

Leni

Today was beautiful but the winds are predicted to start tonight. They will be 50 mph with gusts up to 60 mph. Humidity will be single digit if it registers at all. They are supposed to end on Sunday. We'll see. In the meantime it's batten down the hatches and tie everything down. Also major fire danger. Think good thoughts please.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leni we will do that for you!

I have been in those winds at Lake Havasue Az, and it cann't be fun at all. Hope you and Tom are ready for it. Hang in there, those winds will die at some point. Fire is the real hazard, and I pray there are none this time around...

Best regards, Kirk

Leni

Between the allergies and dust in contact lenses I'm going to have all kinds of fun over the next two days. I just hope that no fire starts.

Leni

They were supposed to start last night. Instead they hit at 11:17 this morning. You can literally hear them howl at times.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Keep your head down girl. No sense in going looking for trouble if you don't have to. I'll be thinking of you. :flowers:

Leni

Last night they registered winds up to 90 MPH in Malibu Canyon. Today we have a fire going in the Newhall Pass up by the 14 and 5 freeways. there is also a grass fire in Glendale. The Newhall Pass has winds up to 50 MPH. Fire is throwing everthing they have at it including helicopters, super scoopers and lots of personel. This one will probably go for a while.

Leni

Good news. So far the winds have not started up. Just a light breeze. It is hot though.