• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pain has returned!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Worst I have had in over a month. Started in the breast bone, then biceps and now hips. Had to break down and take a vicodin earlier. Been so tired I managed to get my ted stockings back on and spent almost all day in bed. Hope it is just a temporary setback so I can get some things done around here. Go to the doc lady on Tuesday after blood tests Monday. Lots of stress ain't helping things plus I drove 470 miles Tuesday.:hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You need to slow down there a titch Mule. Ain't no reason right now to be over doing it and getting run down. That's not going to help a thing in the long run. I'm sure I'm older than you so consider this fatherly advise. :biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hang in there man,

We're all pulling for you. Hope you know that. Take the meds for now, then quit in the morning and see where your at. Do as much as you feel you can. It is life, one day at a time. They will get better, I pray.

Your friend,

Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I was planning on observing, not participating.:clap: I ain't danced since I was early 20's and quite drunk.:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I was planning on observing, not participating.:clap: I ain't danced since I was early 20's and quite drunk.:hammer:
There always has to be one who leads a dance.
My Daddy taught me how to dance when I was small.
Now, he was the leader back then and showed me how not to step on toes.
Since, I have taken up the dance and know how to do it very well.
You-
1-2 left forward-close
3-4 right forward-close
5-left side-close
6- right side-close
Me-
Right- Left- Right- Left.
:yum:
Get it?

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I can do the Hokey-Pokey....does that count for dancing???:yum:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
5 hours and you ain't in my lap? To hell with you. I am putting my money away!:whistling::yum::yum::yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
erm, i think i just decided i hafta wash my hair tonite.:yum: i ordered my nurse a sample of adult diapers. she peed so much! she proudly displays them on her office desk now.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
erm, i think i just decided i hafta wash my hair tonite.:yum: i ordered my nurse a sample of adult diapers. she peed so much! she proudly displays them on her office desk now.
Now you are getting kinky and have me laughing and the pain is coming back.:hammer::hammer::yum::yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Muley, you gotta quit doin' that stuff. It seems like you were hurting perty good a couple of months ago when I had knee surgery (7th or 8th, I forget). Now you're hurting again and I just got a lecture from the surgeons cause I've done gone and tore up my left shoulder and it's killin me! I kept telling them that I was just working out, moving and lifting the same weight in the same motion I've literally done tens of thousands of times before but this time, rrrrriiiippp! When I ask why, it really hurt as three of them at once said "your age!". :mellow: Surgery the week after next (have some meetings I have to attend next week) and then six to nine months of rehab. Hope your pain quits before mine!!! :flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I keep waiting for Zoomer to chime in here. He is as bad as Dargo for trying to do the same stuff we all did when we were YOUNG! When I got married I could toss 500lb. bomb casings around all day long. Spent lots of years lifting tank parts and they ain't light either. When we butchered I was always the one who lifted the halves of hogs and 1/4's of beef.BUT that was over 30 years ago and before a whole bunch of health issues. I can still lift a big weight but it ain't worth all the pain I go through. Wife and the docs say 20 lbs and I do 50 if I don't have to go far with it. The pain I am experiencing is inside the bones it seems. And It moves around a lot. Had that issue from Plavix withdrawal and it seemed the iron pills were also part of it. No clue what this latest round is from. Sure makes it tough to sleep without being drugged up and then the bowels won't move. I have been eating veggies and drinking OJ for 3 days now.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I keep waiting for Zoomer to chime in here. He is as bad as Dargo for trying to do the same stuff we all did when we were YOUNG!
I'm here Bill... hoping to get wiser but it's a slow process. I got some new "lounge pants" from Mrs. Zoom a couple weeks ago. I was doing the "I'm to sexy for my pants" dance in front of the wife and kids when my hip gave out. How embarassing (sp?)...

Yea, I'm right there with Dargo for breaking shit but at least he was doing the damage in a semi-pro environment. I'm a big culprit of "Hold my beer... watch this" situation.

So, I have a new quad coming in and the existing 2 being "tuned up". Don't want my kids to miss out on all the fun Dargo and I have been having. :whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep! I gave my buddy my Yamaha 360 enduro when my boys started bugging to ride it. We hauled it to his camp up in Center county for a camp bike. The following year while I was up there for spring gobbler is when I crashed and broke my face bad while riding it. I have ridden since then but very little.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can directly attribute ATV's to not less then 20 broken bones... Cool machines, aren't they? I have a new one on order.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
mule, you may try polyethylene glycol. it'll get you goin after a few days. oatmeal & prunes & apples, too. sigh,lol. yinz guys..... my buddy just got his wee girl a kiddo quad. she looks so cute on it.

my guy & his buddies attached skateboards to a couch & took it over a hill. it ran him over. i said, 'good!'

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
mule, you may try polyethylene glycol. it'll get you goin after a few days. oatmeal & prunes & apples, too. sigh,lol. yinz guys..... my buddy just got his wee girl a kiddo quad. she looks so cute on it.

my guy & his buddies attached skateboards to a couch & took it over a hill. it ran him over. i said, 'good!'

Hmm, I just Googled the stuff the doc said I'd be on for 3 days after my upcoming shoulder surgery. I'd never heard of it before. It's called "Fentanyl". I always thought morphine was the strongest stuff but I really don't like it. Whenever they put it in an IV line I swear I can feel the stuff in my veins and then like exploding into my body and brain after it reaches my heart. Kinda freaks me out so they give me some synthetic form of it after major surgeries or to break a bad migraine. (migraines are from breaking C2 in high school. They say women mostly get them. Women are TOUGH then!)

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I can directly attribute ATV's to not less then 20 broken bones... Cool machines, aren't they? I have a new one on order.

I've only had one bone broken on from riding a quad. That was my left femur. I was trying to teach my now 22 year old to ride one when he was about 6 or so. He'd seen video games where they turn the handlebars and nail the throttle and spin around. I had him sitting in front of me and he caught me by surprise with that move because I had my hands on the handlebars sort of guiding him, but he ripped the handle bars out of my loose grip and over we were going at maybe 15 mph. Rather than leap off, I wasn't about to let a 600 pound quad roll over on my young son, so I just planted my feet on the pegs and tightened up on the handle bars as tight as I could; sort of making a cage over him.

The protecting him part worked as planned. Snapping my left femur was not planned and, let me tell you, it hurt like a mother! With nobody else home, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to crawl the 50 yards or so to a vehicle and drive us to the emergency room. Damn if I wasn't petrified that I was going to pass out and wreck on the way there. If we had cell phones back then it would have saved me a LOT of pain!

Most of my injuries that are coming back to haunt me now were from racing motocross and competing in hill climbs. To be honest, the hill climb stuff is just plain stupid. Go to youtube and look at some people on motorcycles doing semi-pro hill climbs. I'd jump off a 95' bridge into the Ohio 10X again before I'd compete in another hill climb event! There used to be a magazine called "Motocross Racer", or something like that, where the last page was called "Berm shot" and always showed someone in a really bad crash. Stashed away with my trophies my wife STILL has never let my kids see is 2, yeah baby, two magazines where I made that last page! Now this arthritis and "degenerative disc disease" (no disease at all, just bad discs going out) are taking their toll. After 8, I'm out of knee surgeries. The next step scares the heck out of me because I've watched a video of replacement surgery. It's freaking worse than any horror movie I've ever seen!

They tell me that "old people" get them every day. First off, I don't look at myself as "old people"! They must be some strange breed that are tougher than a dollar steak if they take that shit and walk the next day!!! Hell, I forgot what else I was gonna say cause just thinking of watching a knee replacement on youtube has me too rattled. :unsure: Well, at least I'm honest. :flowers:

Oh yeah, Mr. MMA here with me (my son who now competes in MMA - never played a sport in school and now MMA?!) says I should talk about how many times I've had my nose broken. You know, I can't freaking tell you because I DON'T KNOW!! Happy son? Anyway, I quit tough man contests after the first time I fought someone who really knew what they were doing. It's fun when you always win and knock the other person out. Not so much so the other way around! Anyway, yes, I always say I quit that because of my hands. No, not because I hurt my hands fighting....because I got tired of the refs stepping on them counting me out (rimshot).

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmm, I just Googled the stuff the doc said I'd be on for 3 days after my upcoming shoulder surgery. I'd never heard of it before. It's called "Fentanyl". I always thought morphine was the strongest stuff but I really don't like it. Whenever they put it in an IV line I swear I can feel the stuff in my veins and then like exploding into my body and brain after it reaches my heart. Kinda freaks me out so they give me some synthetic form of it after major surgeries or to break a bad migraine. (migraines are from breaking C2 in high school. They say women mostly get them. Women are TOUGH then!)

fentanyl'll mow u over! they give me that when inpatient sometimes. you'll likely be loopy, tho im'ma say it like it is; that stuff gives u a buzz, stat, if IV. u know, i get you on the prescription-induced panicky deal. it took yrs fer me to adjust to klonopin as it leaves me kinda not-there if i'm sleepy. oxycodone makes me awake-awake. put it away & stay w/ ibuprofin. threw a fit when placed on ambien, initially. if ur in pain, etc., tho.....

btw, u'd really have a great time w/ some of my country-dwelling family. motocross fanatics. they have a full track on thier farm. my 'lil cousin began w/ a 60. my bro used to ride, tho that was in a nearby city. many warnings from 5-0. my Dad owned a Harley. my new-Dad just a sweet new one, chromed & at, not harley. my Mom's a biker chick now. mid-life crisis!

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Um, Dargo: that fentynal is ok stuff but tough to get much relief with at first. It is usually dispensed in a skin patch.Takes a special script also. Always on hand around my place as well as vicodin and darvocet. It is also expensive stuff. The IV morphine is what the bitch almost killed me with after I had my ICD implant. She now works in the cancer center where I go and will NEVER touch me. They will find out what a nice guy I ain't if she comes near me with a needle. I know she about pissed her pants the first time she saw me in there.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't re-read so I can't quote.

Brent - I have 15 breaks in the nose. I don't count them in the "broken bones" category
My nose is straight (I learned a couple tricks along the way)

Weren't we talking about Bill?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No! we were talking about you.:whistling: You should see what Nixon wrote.:yum::yum::yum: