• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wow and then some.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Thought I would update again. Went to Rochester and they did more tests. Said my cell counts are almost back to normal but I go back in Feb.2013 for another bone marrow tap. As she explained it the counts are a very good sign but do not always mean a full remission. Since then they did another monthly test in Elmira and it showed good cell counts as well. So I stay on monthly tests till October when I see the cancer doc there. The part I can't believe is they never correspond test results between hospitals and doctors. I keep a copy of all my tests from Elmira and take them along to Rochester. As I remind the wife things that change can go the other way just as easily. That is why I am up to 48 vials of blood drawn so far this year.

Kane

Thought I would update again. Went to Rochester and they did more tests. Said my cell counts are almost back to normal but I go back in Feb.2013 for another bone marrow tap. As she explained it the counts are a very good sign but do not always mean a full remission. Since then they did another monthly test in Elmira and it showed good cell counts as well. So I stay on monthly tests till October when I see the cancer doc there. The part I can't believe is they never correspond test results between hospitals and doctors. I keep a copy of all my tests from Elmira and take them along to Rochester. As I remind the wife things that change can go the other way just as easily. That is why I am up to 48 vials of blood drawn so far this year.
Great news, muleman. This thing ain't gonna' beat you. Hang in.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I cringe every time this thread comes up. I'm not good handling bad news.

Really glad to hear thing are going OK!!!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I cringe every time this thread comes up. I'm not good handling bad news.

Really glad to hear thing are going OK!!!
I don't really dwell on it. Someone had asked me in PM and i remembered this thread. Trying to just enjoy life and not take it too serious anymore. This heat has been enough to deal with. I sure don't miss all the extra running for tests either.:flowers:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is the strange part Groomer. The only thing really different is eliminating the iron pills the heart doc had me taking and dropping the Plavix after 6 years. The iron is what apparently gave me gut aches if i did not eat when I took my morning meds in particular. My cholesterol is up slightly from the extremely low levels it had been but the good is also up. It could also be from taking a generic Lipitor but it comes from the same factory in Puerto Rico. I know it cut my copay almost $30 every 90 days. We have cut back on processed sugar and use honey instead. Since i started using it in my iced tea we are almost out. I need to buy more till hopefully we get enough from our hives.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got my fingers and toes crossed for ya. I do hope you are one of the success stories.

He will be Brian.
He has proven to be an honest and beautiful soul to many who love him.
Tough as nails too.

Having a wife as a nurse and a good friend as well to guide him hasn't hurt either.
Besides, he's too damned rotten to go anywhere just yet.

Not ready for Heaven... and the devil won't have him LOL
:smile:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
This is wonderful news! :flowers: Hang in there - IMO, you're too damn stubborn to let this thing win!! :clap::clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm like zoomer, I cringe every time this thread comes up.

Glad that you're doing good bud. Keep on keeping on with what you're doing. It's obviously working. :clap::clap::clap:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the cancer doc today and he poked and prodded all over and seems real happy with my blood levels. Dropped me back to 90 days on blood tests and I don't see him till next May. He asked a lot of questions about my diet and I told him about the honey we just harvested as well as all the herbs the wife has me eating. I told him she treats me like a cow and boils red clover and stevia leaves in my tea. He told me to keep doing it. Hopefully that is it for docs till I go for the next bone marrow test in Rochester in Feb. Now i need to find a calendar for 2013 to mark the dates down. Sure will cut the miles down on the car.:clap:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I still cringe a little when this thread comes up. It's just the way I am but I'm so thankful for the good news. What you're going is obviously working so, KEEP ON DOING IT.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Hang in there Mule...being to damn mean to die has got to help!!!!!:whistling:sure makes any problems I might have seem mighty small.....rooting for ya. as a kid I used to hear Red Scelton and always felt good when he would say.....May God Bless...........at the end of his shows.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's great news mule. In Febuary your in Rochester? Intersting.....especially if there is snow....

Best regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're too rotten to allow anything much to keep you down! LOL
Mmmhmm! good news!
Keep on keepin' on!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is that wonderful time again to head to Rochester for another bone marrow draw. Going to be heading out early as we are getting some strong lake effect snow. There are 2 real bad areas on I-390 where it dumps a lot of snow and will keep dumping as long as the lakes are not froze. We are getting some but the heaviest is about 25 miles north of here right now.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Make sure you wind up that Prius up real tight before leaving. Good luck Bill.

windup.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh hell no! We are taking the Suzuki. Prius is too light for snow like that.